Tent thefts

Guest RoyC

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a weird thing happen, I had 2 pairs of knickers taken from the tent. Now home and checked the washing and the fact I didn't forget to pack them, my hubby now believes me. Very odd. It's nothing com paired to the horrible losses other had, but it's very creepy.

I had a weird thing happen, I had 2 pairs of knickers taken from the tent. Now home and checked the washing and the fact I didn't forget to pack them, my hubby now believes me. Very odd. It's nothing com paired to the horrible losses other had, but it's very creepy.

My girlfriend had someone go through her bag whilst we were in The Bimble Inn on Friday Night after Too Many T's. They luckily didn't find her purse (which didn't have much cash in as most was in the lock-ups), but they did nick her brand new poncho which was fucking irritating. It wasn't even that busy in there at that point (busy enough, but not rammed enough that someone must have had some balls to go through it without getting spotted)

On a probably related note, I saw some guy in there who didn't have any wristband on, so I questioned him about it, and he said that he paid security to smuggle him in or something, Don't remember exactly what he said. That was before we realised about the bag though

On a more positive note, I lost my wallet on Friday and spent all night looking for it including a slog up to lost property at Worthy Farm (where the welfare crew were doing a great job by the way). As a last resort at 12.00 on Sat I staggered back to the acoustic tent where a Shelter volunteer recognized me (from drivers license) and handed over full wallet (complete with 100 quid).

My friend bumped into a guy who was the year below me in school who was selling at the festival, he had 2 lots of drugs on him, one for scousers and one for everyone else. The pills for scousers were fine, the pills for everyone else were duds. It really doesn't help the stereotype when you've got people doing things like that :(

I know it's not a tent theft but it's still pretty much thievery right?

Thankfully I didn't have anything stolen although I was watching Lilly Allen on the pyramid stage and for some reason I decided to turnaround to find someone trying to slowly unzip my rucksack that was on my back, couldn't believe my eyes that someone would try that in the middle of the crowd. They just looked at me when I noticed, I didn't want to cause a scene and was just so freaked out so I got my mate to stand in front of me and put my rucksack on front ways.

We stopped a drug dealer who was selling weed on the Sunday afternoon who didn't have a wrist band on. He sat down with us and had a quite open chat about his dealing. On the Friday and Saturday nights he had made £14K selling ecstasy tablets. He said he would have sold more but his supply ran out. When asked where he put the money he said that he took it home every night as he lived in Frome. Unfortunately it didn't occur to me to ask him how he was getting in each day. He seemed like a nice enough bloke and the weed he was selling was good value in terms of cost/quality/quantity. In addition it occurred to me also that he could have sold any pills but stopped when his supply of the real thing ran out. Now, I can't see him trying to get over the fence every day with a shed load of drugs on him. Somebody must have been letting him in freely or he was paying for that service. Same possibly goes for tent thieves.

Somebody must have been letting him in freely or he was paying for that service. Same possibly goes for tent thieves.

there's an awful lot of well-worked scams by locals. My bruv got in last year with his g/f via locals they knew - over 100 people via one 'local', according to what my bruv said.

I don't know how it was done tho, as my bruv didn't know.

My experience of driving into the site is that if you wave your hand and the hand has a wristband on, then you are waved in. No checking of the vehicle. You could have some laid down in the back for example.. .

I can't say this is true for all vehicles, but for the ones I saw driving in it was.

This was my tenth Glastonbury and we've never had an issue till this year. It seemed edvery night we either had something stolen or stopped someone thieving. My sister in law hjad £160 stolen and her ray bands from her tent while she was sleeping. We also had a phone power bar stolen. Many around us had issues too.

We used Park Home Lock up's every day. The staff were friendly and even when checking something out and then checking it back in it never took us longer than about 10 minutes which is a small price to pay for ensuring the safety of your stuff and also not having to carry too much every day.

I don't agree with the victim blaming though. It is always he criminals fault for stealing in the first place the reality is we shouldn't need to take these measures but I am glad that the lock up's are there. For anyone who thinks it is a pain all I can say is I found it very easy, rarely queued and had some lovely conversations with the friendly workers. I also didn't donate every time but did give them £10 at the end.

I'll tell u how they get in....

Someone within a trade, crew, local non photo ticket group go out side the wall with spare wristbands and non photo I'd tickets.

They meet you, you are given the wristband that u slide on and the ticket. You all walk in, with ure kit, just like everyone else. Once in said ticker and band are handed back with a fee of around £100. Job done.

U run risk of being caught without a band but hey just ring ya mate and back in ya go. Not alot if ure on the rob or dealing :)

I'll tell u how they get in....

Someone within a trade, crew, local non photo ticket group go out side the wall with spare wristbands and non photo I'd tickets.

They meet you, you are given the wristband that u slide on and the ticket. You all walk in, with ure kit, just like everyone else. Once in said ticker and band are handed back with a fee of around £100. Job done.

U run risk of being caught without a band but hey just ring ya mate and back in ya go. Not alot if ure on the rob or dealing :)