Acid_Haze

And if madonna isn't about glasto where does that leave us? I can feel it in my bones something will happen tommorow....if I was Emily and Michael I couldn't resist fucking with people a bit and having some fun with an April fools announcement....maybe first a joke one then the real thing come evening time.

I was thinking that

• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

"According to the Guinness Book of British Hit Albums, Dire Straits have spent over 1,100 weeks on the UK albums chart, ranking fifth all-time."

I don't know what his current arena tour is selling like, and I know Mark Knopfler Dire Straits, but I think he is a headline act.

On that note then Robert Plant should have headlined because of his album sales with Led Zepp. You can't go solely on album sales

Rolling Stones have rescheduled their US tour for end of May to mid June.

I know it's ridiculously too soon for them, but that's very coincidently close to end it just before Glasto.

It's a very popular time of year for gigs, being the summer and that.

You could draw the same conclusion for countless other acts.

Ok dude I apologise out of respect for everyone else here I'll leave it now, it's just a bit to tempting to resist arguing with the hypocrisy of keyboard warriors who one minute are calling for people to be more open minded and the next calling anyone who doesn't share their viewpoint 'dickheads' I'm not one for letting disrespect go anyway offline or online (which is why I guess I'm such an argumentative bastard on here......yes I know I need to learn to turn the other cheek....it's the red hair and celtic temprament haha) but your right this is now getting really lame.....so onwards and upwards and 'hopefully' t a headliners announcement tonight! When was the madonna interview? And what station p? Radio one? Or 6 music or something?

Nice one, man

Ben

x

Rolling Stones have rescheduled their US tour for end of May to mid June.

I know it's ridiculously too soon for them, but that's very coincidently close to end it just before Glasto.

There's wishful thinking. There's wildly optimistic wishful thinking. There's complete fantasy wildly optimistic wishful thinking. And then there's this...

It's a very popular time of year for gigs, being the summer and that.

You could draw the same conclusion for countless other acts.

There's wishful thinking. There's wildly optimistic wishful thinking. There's complete fantasy wildly optimistic wishful thinking. And then there's this...

:(

On that note then Robert Plant should have headlined because of his album sales with Led Zepp. You can't go solely on album sales

I agree that it won't be Dire Straits but this isn't the reason. If Led Zep rather - than just Robert Plant - were being talked about then it would undoubtedly be as headliners.

I agree that it won't be Dire Straits but this isn't the reason. If Led Zep rather - than just Robert Plant - were being talked about then it would undoubtedly be as headliners.

We're talking about Mark Knopfler though? Not Dire Straits? I'm saying that if Mark Knopfler should be a worthy headliner then Robert Plant should surely be? And he didn't headline, which makes me go on to believe that neither will Mark Knopfler...

I don't mind a bit of pop from time to time. I'd agree that a lot of it is jingles for record companies but some of the production on 'pop' songs I find actually really good and quite clever and dare I say, toe tappingly hummable. Of-course, I have not and will never be able to hear every 'pop' song ever recorded so cannot remark on them all as a whole. That would be arrogant of me. Nor am I, a 44 year old man, the primary market for top 40 pop tunes. That being said, I find some are alright. If a band like Wham or Bananarama played somewhere at Glastonbury, so long as they did not clash with anyone, I'd definitely go along for a bit of a sing song.

this thread goes in circles

"Are Muse available?"

"Has anyone discussed Noel Gallagher?"

"Possibility of the who?"

"Michael said xy&z last year"

"Are Fleetwood Mac actually ruled out?"

"Possibility of Paul McCartney?"

"No one has mentioned AC/DC here?

"Is there a chance of Muse?"

this thread goes in circles

"Are Muse available?"

"Has anyone discussed Noel Gallagher?"