Football 2014/15

TheGayTent

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't PSG pull out of signing Di Maria because Real wanted like £65m? He's worth no more than £40m.

going by his performances in the WC, I'd struggle to value him at £20M.

-----

Was impressed by Chambers for Arsenal last night. He's a player I had no awareness of before Arsenal signed him, but on the basis of last night it looks like £19M very well spent.

I've no idea how he might compare with Shaw, but there's part of me suspecting that Utd b0ought the wrong player.

Was impressed by Chambers for Arsenal last night. He's a player I had no awareness of before Arsenal signed him, but on the basis of last night it looks like £19M very well spent.

I've no idea how he might compare with Shaw, but there's part of me suspecting that Utd b0ought the wrong player.

Yeah Chambers has looked very good in these first two games, especially as he's not even playing in his favoured position right now. Seems a good back up RB/CB for the season, and will become a top player.

I mentioned earlier in this thread how lots of Southampton fans rate him above Shaw, and he was voted as the best player in the same youth team as Shaw. Then again United needed a first team LB rather than a RB, so I don't think they'll be too bothered, and they'll both turn out to be top players.

going by his performances in the WC, I'd struggle to value him at £20M.

-----

indeed, i think theres an outside chance (and theres a few comments on the guardian and bbc) that we may well see him in the Holding DM role this season,

We don't think he'll end up at centre half then?

i think ultimately will, but hes at the age where we can cover a few positions when required, i think hes a bit like the OX, who is playing on the wing at the moment, but again i ultimately see him playing in centre midfield, i would like to see

Chambers

Ramsey Ox

Walcott Ozil

Sanchez

Edited by hot_ice

Stories doing the rounds that both Reus and Muller have knocked back Man Utd offers. If true does anyone else not think it strange that these are the players Utd are in for? I would have thought they would have greater priorities at the very least and no real need for another big name striker at the club at most.

Further to this I wonder, if these stories are true, if this is very much indicative of how difficult it is for Man U in the market now due to them not being in the Europe, albeit this only being their first season out for a long long while.

What a goal!!

"We all dream of a team of Gary Breens, a team of Gary Breens.....

.....and number 1.... is Gary Breen......and number 2.....is Gary Breen...."

Funnily enough, I was on a stag a couple of years ago and me and a mate were singing that in the toilets and his brother was standing beside me. Awkward.

But yep. World Cup usually means fook all.

Edited by The Nal

Stories doing the rounds that both Reus and Muller have knocked back Man Utd offers. If true does anyone else not think it strange that these are the players Utd are in for? I would have thought they would have greater priorities at the very least and no real need for another big name striker at the club at most.

Further to this I wonder, if these stories are true, if this is very much indicative of how difficult it is for Man U in the market now due to them not being in the Europe, albeit this only being their first season out for a long long while.

Thats just bizarre.

If I was a Utd fan I would be annoyed that Woodward was wasting time and effort with these bids. Time and effort he and LvG should be using to concentrate on sorting out that defense and midfield.

Fans are easily conned, if they think they are bidding for big players then it keeps them happy. Clubs have been doing the same thing for years, even far lower down the puyramid.