What band/ performer who is not playing at Glastonbury are you gutted about?

Guest Swine_Glasto2014

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Florence will no doubt have a high (if not headlining) position next year, and it was too soon for Muse's return (although it'll probably happen in the next few years as they're one of the staple British Glastonbury headliners)

Frank Ocean and Kendrick Lamar for me (although Kendrick not being there has been softened by the fact that he's now pulled out of Parklife. was gutted about missing him)

The National are the only one, really. I initially figured there would have been a strong likelihood of both Neutral Milk Hotel and Nine Inch Nails showing up, but having seen both over the past two nights it's now more of a relief than anything that they're not there, as it would just have created further painful clashes.

Sharon Van Etten is the big one for me, looks like she's only doing a handful of UK shows, then disappearing back to the US until August, which is a shame as I really thought she's play on this tour. I would have also liked to see Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks play, but I suppose I only have myself to blame that I missed their show in Manchester earlier in the year. Twin Shadow would have been nice, he's wasted on the lucky buggers at Reading & Leeds, British Sea Power would have fit the Park perfectly, as would The Wedding Present. I've still not seen 65daysofstatic play live, despite them being one of my favourite bands on record, although they did play William's Green last year, so maybe they'll be back (slim chance, I know). I don't know what She & Him's touring schedule is like, I imagine rather sparse with Zooey Deschanel refusing to stick to music, where her talents really lie and having down a day job as an annoying actress, but I reckon they would have been perfect on the Other Stage in the afternoon sunshine.

On the whole though, I'm very happy with the line-up when compared to who is touring at the moment, it just looks like everybody I want to see will be on at the same time.

The National. Absolutely gutted about them. Looks like will be next album tour before I finally see them.

Biffy Clyro but I had little hope they would play.

Nine Inch Nails. No UK fest and would have been amazing on other stage but hopefully seeing them at Rock Am ring and seeing them tonight anyway.

Silversun Pickups. Was hoping since they were fully back together after the pregnancy and with a greatest hits I may finally get to see them again after Reading 07.

Loads more but plenty I want to see and more is probably going to cause clashes anyway.