How many days annual leave are you taking for Glastonbury?

Guest sunnydaysblue

Start on Friday 20th Down to Stonehenge for Solstice, overnight down there Friday, Saturday, Sunday and then Overnight somewhere nearby to Glasonbury on the Monday. I'll be buzzing the minute they open the gates to campervan fields on Tuesday morning until we finally get asked to leave on the following Monday evening....Wish it lasted for a month!!

As for work??? Sod that for a game of soldiers....You're a long time dead...Work can wait!!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was made redundant about a month ago and have no immediate plans to return to the rat race. Therefore I'll have a lot longer off after this Glastonbury than usual. Just as well, as recovery takes a bit longer each year I go to Glastonbury. Not really looking forward to Suicide Tuesday. Maybe I'll not feel it this year, having no work to go back to and all.

I'm officially uncontactable/unavailable from the Wednesday until the following Tuesday.

However, I am working from home on the Monday and Tuesday before and then the Wednesday to Friday after and I'm not allowing any meetings or calls to be scheduled so I can pack/clean up/take it easy!! ;)

I normally take Wednesday to Monday but in my current job I can have to travel across country if asked. Last year I had to be 200 miles away at 8am on Tuesday. Not a pleasant drive.

So this year Wednesday is booked.

Edited by Gnomicide

I've booked 5 days Wednesday to Tuesday (inclusive). Just found out I'm expected to start the the 2nd phase of a project on the Wednesday after, fortunately that phase of the project is pretty much the easiest thing I have todo in my job :)

Six days (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Monday, Tuesday) although I think everyone I work with knows G week is sacred and I'm not really with it on the previous Monday, so it's seven really.

(I once had a job interview at 4pm on the Monday....... I got the job but goodness knows how - I'm sure I was still pissed)

Edited by pie_and_a_pint

It's My Main 2 week holiday every year, Finish Sat 24 off Sundays & Mondays Every week so not back until Tuesday 8th July, need that extra week to cope with the depression after the festival every year lol, nothing to look forward to, great memories...the this time last week I was....feelings.....be honest you all know that place!!! :)

Taking Wednesday - Monday off this year. I tried to book myself on an all day conference this year for the Tuesday after but was rumbled by my line manager. I was unemployed last year, so it will be interesting to see how productive I am on the Tuesday morning!

Finish work on the Tuesday at 6pm. Get a few hours sleep before leaving the house at 3am to get to the airport for the 6.30am flight to Bristol. Get home at lunchtime on Monday but not going back to work until the Wednesday. Taking 4 annual leave days and 1 flexi day.