The Worst Thing About Festivals?

Guest Craig_G

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I was having a long think about this last night, considered starting a thread on it but I didn't want to bring down any jovial moods!

There is theft at every festival, unfortunately. And, no matter how much I wanted to be in denial, I knew it probably happened at Glasto. Last year, my second Glasto: The first night, around 11pm on the Wednesday (wild guess, I was absolutely clattered beyond belief), there was a raucous behind me and my mates who were sat on our camping chairs. A fully naked bloke shot out of his tent screaming "who the fuck are you", there was a pause and I saw a dirty street rat with a torch strapped to his head, scurrying away. the guy had luckily woke up and startled him, luckily. This, tripped me out rather phenomenally, needless to say.

The thought process I was having last night though...these thieves, I'd love to grab him, sit him down and just ask him questions. Did he go back to his tent? Is he on his own doing this? Did he go back to his mates and say he's had no luck? I can't get my head around the logic of it. He can afford a few hundred for a ticket and surely his expenditures, but he wants to be a dirty thieving c*** and ruin peoples festival? It's hard to believe there's so many people there doing it.

He'd have had a Hasselbaink volley to the nose if it'd have been my tent. If I'd have know my arsehole from my elbow that is...

I was thinking about this the other day actually, if one came into my tent what would I do?

I'd love to fucking batter them but since they're utter scum they might be carrying a knife or something similar.

Is it worth risking getting stabbed just to get a bit of justice when you could just shout at them and they'd run off scared?

Edited by Stokesy10

Yeh I think we'd all like to think we could give them a beating but as soon as you thought they 'may' have a weapon it'd be a different story. 99.9999999r% of the time they'd do one if they woke someone up who shouted at em. If I could see both of their hands, they'd have a car key in the eyeball.

Rubber tent peg mallet to the face

I think there was a thread on this subject last year though and a number of people had been so wasted theyd accidently crawled into or slept in the wrong tent. So id feel pretty bad if I malleted someone in the face for an honest mistake.

Better off yelling at them!

Edited by Harry3