What new bands have you discovered/enjoyed since line-up announcement or TBC?

Guest plaskins

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the amount of hype around Royal Blood is kind of scary - they're great but i can see myself getting sick of them once they release an album and NME start claiming them to be the best band ever. hopefully no clashes at Glasto for them so i can get to see them before all that (mid-JP sounds about right)

Another one her for Royal Blood. Deffo checking them out.

Parquet Courts on my hit list of must sees.

John Grant another. Just loving him at the moment.

Are First Aid Kit playing or have I got them mixed up from another festival, anyway loving them as well. Can imagine they would be a lovely sunny afternoon band.

Really can't get into Arcade Fire and Kasabian just have that whaaaaa whaaaaaa wheeeeeyy n every song so will be tootling around elsewhere while they are on.

Loving Kodaline but I am Irish and they were the highlight of Longitude for me last year.

And just looking forward to finding random music and getting hooked.

Anyone else going to be checking out Dolly???

They played last year. They have got a gap between an American tour ending mid-june and some Scandinavian festival dates in July, so you never know, could appear again, especially with a new album to promote.

I'd be happy to see them!

Im really loving John Grant! Pale Green Ghosts is a fantastic album, especially after reading about his past and current issues and getting some context. Also seun kuti & egypt 80 sound like they'll have a great party atmosphere.

Therea a few bands I knew a bit of but have finally given a better lsiten to, jack white, jurassic 5, london grammar and wilko johnson in particular.

again, not new to me, but i downloaded Goldfrapp's best of and gave it a whirl today and was surprised by how many of the songs i knew. probably because a lot of them have been used in advertising, but still it was a pleasant surprise. gonna download some of their albums now (only to be almost definitely disappointed when they end up headlining a stage one night and i have to miss them)

Edited by FloorFiller

again, not new to me, but i downloaded Goldfrapp's best of and gave it a whirl today and was surprised by how many of the songs i knew. probably because a lot of them have been used in advertising, but still it was a pleasant surprise. gonna download some of their albums now (only to be almost definitely disappointed when they end up headlining a stage one night and i have to miss them)

surprised to see they haven't been playing Ooh La La. not that i'm bothered - it's huge overuse in advertising means i'm sick of it without ever having intentionally listened to it - but thought it would've been a set mainstay

subbing Massive Attack would be great (even though i'll likely not be watching Massive Attack). just anywhere other than headliner would be fine by me so i get to see them. will have to check out that live show you suggested - can imagine them being a great festival act