What have you done today to get ready for Glasto?

Guest JoBalls

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WBC Coach reservation day ' was today '
Well that is my Team sorted and we have places on the Noon London coach on the Tuesday so we will get there when the crew area will be 90% empty. Most coaches will arrive around the same time - long after we are set up - I just cant cant stand putting the tent up when there is lots of people buzzing about.
Once we are set up we can sit with a drink watching the mad scramble and then dive down to the main bar for a bevy.
Although the system should work - each year they change it slightly just to Piss me off ' so until today ' there was no way of knowing that we have not been lost in the system.

Having arthritis means the walking can get difficult but I refuse to use a walking stick - just seems like an old persons' accessory. So I have purchased this. Discrete enough to put in my bag and light weight.

http://www.amazinghealth.co.uk/flipstick-folding-shooting-stick.html

so long as it's not TOO muddy I suppose!!

Having arthritis means the walking can get difficult but I refuse to use a walking stick - just seems like an old persons' accessory. So I have purchased this. Discrete enough to put in my bag and light weight.

http://www.amazinghealth.co.uk/flipstick-folding-shooting-stick.html

so long as it's not TOO muddy I suppose!!

My husband took one of those last year (he has cerebral palsy which affects his walking). It was great on the Wednesday, however once it got a bit muddy on the Thursday the end kept sticking in the mud and the sections kept pulling apart, so wasn't much use in the exact conditions where he really needed it sadly. Looking for something a bit sturdier this year, although that one will be fine if it's dry.

Out of interest how much stuff would you get in a bag that size? I need to get a 'proper' bag (normally I take a sports holdall thing, which is terrible for carrying all my stuff) but I've no idea about what sort of size I'd require.

I

I think that's the strategy I will go with, better to have a bag too big than a bag too small! Going to make a trip to the local outdoors shop tomorrow afternoon for a bag and some other bits and bobs. I may start stocking up on the bit of alcohol I can afford but I don't want to be tempted before the festival has come around; I have vowed not to drink until I finish my exams the week before Glastonbury.