Jack White?

ssimpson90

8 quid, mine cost me an extra 18. I've been ordering stuff from third man for about 5 years now, I've never been charged this customs thing and then I've had it twice this year. Bullshit.

8 quid was the clearence fee, 10 quid for the vat so yeah the same :P

Ah thats a shame, did get an email yesterday offering 30% off next order (alot of tempting items!) as they had a balls up with the shipping software which led to the delay at customs for a lot of international shipments. My guess is that that the software put the full value of the membership (which does include the online stuff) and not the lowest legal value that they can put which would the package under the threshold. (Which they said it will do for the future \\o//)

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still waiting for the package and haven't even been contacted about the extra charge yet. Guess a few more days wait isn't so bad. Annoying that you have to be a vault member to use the 35% discount and as I'm not bothering with the next package can't take advantage of it.

III does your vinyl play ok because there have been a lot of complaints about the sound quality in the white stripes forum

Still waiting for the package and haven't even been contacted about the extra charge yet. Guess a few more days wait isn't so bad. Annoying that you have to be a vault member to use the 35% discount and as I'm not bothering with the next package can't take advantage of it.

III does your vinyl play ok because there have been a lot of complaints about the sound quality in the white stripes forum

don't think I'm gonna play this version, i'll buy a plain black one too and play that. I can't anyway at the moment, all out of needles for my turntable.

I've seen Jack White twice now first time with his girl band two years ago and thought he was amazing and the second at Glastonbury. The performance was good but the sound and crowd were bad, sound was too quiet and couldn't hear his guitar that well. but the main thing both times is I've been surrounded by idiots who have kind of ruined it for me both times. They seem to be totally drunk and only know the riff to seven nation army. I don't know if this is common for Jack White gigs or any white stripes gigs in the past.

I could hear the guitar but much softer than on record, when you see Jack White you'd expect a big crunching guitar sound. The whole sound was very dry maybe from all the base and distortion.

I also noticed between every song he seemed to have a bottle in his hand, don't know what he's drinking, maybe a magic potion.

I thought it was great for a festival. Right place, right time, right amount of beer! You're not going to get the best of anyone at a festival.

Anyway, finally got around to buying Lazarreto yesterday. Now come on Jack, we know you're a genius and like to do things different blah blah but for fucks sake I just want to put the needle on the record and play it. Took me ages to figure it out and only because i recalled hearing about it on the radio.

The hologram is shit cool though.

I think with his Glasto performance there was a lack of radio 1 singles and that's why the crowd lost interest (although those in the pit remained enthusiastic throughout from what I could see)

Nothing to do with that for me. Setlist was fine, but as said, it was a mess.

I thought JW was truly awesome. He really made me a fan that night so I decided to purchase White Blood Cells and Elephant on the back of that gig.

He really made me headbang which meant I was thoroughly enjoying it.

I just couldn't get over how much of a performer he was.

One thing that did surprise me was how humble he was and how much he really did enjoy the set. I always got the impression he was a bit of a dick and a diva but he really was great with the crowd.

There was one moment when he was saying how happy he was to be there, etc., then stepped back, turned to his drummer and gave him the most blatant "Get me the fuck out of here" look I've ever seen. That was the part of the set that annoyed me the most.

Ughhh.....So I'd had a few cocktails and decided to sit down and re-watch the set on iPlayer on Friday night.

Imagine my horror when, having walked away after Lazeretto to catch the start of Pixies convinced it was over, he comes back on for an encore and plays my favourite White Stripes song, then a ferocious version of Seven Nation Army.

:suicide:

As much as the playing with no setlist thing is interesting and "cool", surely you'd much rather he could rattle through the big tunes and do it right? It's not like he couldn't change the setlist night after night if he wanted to..

Nah, how many other big White Stripes songs should he do? When his not even White Stripes anymore.

The only changes I'd have made would be a couple of Dead Weather/Racounters tracks. (Ok mainly I Cut like a Buffalo and Top Yourself :P)