Jack White?

ssimpson90

Saturday night is Jack's for the taking.

I would not like to be the band following that

You say that, but the press/reviews will be all about Metallica post Glastonbury.

Jack will nail it either way. Metallica have nothing to worry about though, they've been around the block enough times to know when to step it up.

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a Bonnaroo Pro-shot by the way? On the way back from Isle of Wight so can't check right now but would love to watch when I get home.

Can't seem to find one.

Edit: just watched it and my god it was a great show.

Mr White has some time off now and then Glastonbury :)

Edited by III

bump

this guy has the bonnaroo pro-shot vids: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyuC9IDmPE7cgwBBIbo96yg

looks like quite a show, better than i expected.

if he pays stuff like 'hardest button to button', 'ball and biscuit', 'little bird', 'screwdriver' etc, i'll probably blow my load.

I honestly think this was his finest moment since going solo. Brilliant show.

kind of sucks that we have to sit through Robert Plant to get a good spot for Jack :P

saw his show at the less high profile Free Press Summer Fest in Houston this year, and wow... it was unreal. Jack's solo act now is really refined since he started (saw him in Memphis TN on his inaugural 4-show solo tour), basically turning all of his songs into mashups and jams... very cool. He opened with an epic Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground at the Houston show and it was so long that halfway through I forgot which song he was playing until he starting singing the last verse.... was so epic. Highlight of that performance was him playing Seven Nation Army through the festival finale fireworks (he was supposed to be done by then), and just rocked it out on top of all the explosions. We are in for a treat on Saturday.

I think the best songs are on it definitely but maybe blunderbuss as a whole slightly trumps it. Very close though and wooderson probably got it right in saying they're more like one double album

Interesting. They're very close for me too but I like Lazaretto slightly more.

kind of sucks that we have to sit through Robert Plant to get a good spot for Jack :P

futuramafry.jpg

'Oh God, you're telling me I have to listen to another Led Zep tune?' - trust me, I've waited through a hell of a lot worse for some artists. In fact, Robert Plant into Jack White is pretty cool I think.

futuramafry.jpg

'Oh God, you're telling me I have to listen to another Led Zep tune?' - trust me, I've waited through a hell of a lot worse for some artists. In fact, Robert Plant into Jack White is pretty cool I think.

EDIT: did not include *sarcasm* specification... very excited for Robert Plant CBE