With prince out of the equation, who's left?

Guest GeoHall

True, maybe they decided out of some loyalty to Soni that the main stage would be too much of a kick in the teeth and the second would be better as it's lower profile, maybe they went to Soni and said 'look, we know we said this was our only show but...' and they came up with the second stage being an acceptable compromise for all parties.

Either way I agree that scenario would look unlikely if they end up playing the Pyramid anyway, but we don't know what conversations/negotiations there were at the beginning.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's interesting to see LVMH's prediction/bet with the eFestivals admin that it is now Kanye headlining on the Sunday not Kasabian, regardless of who is more worthy of it.

more interesting from where I'm sat in regard to that bet is that some of what that guy said just doesn't add up with what I've heard.

I find it incredibly hard to believe there's anything to what he said, unless Kanye is booked to headline a stage that isn't Pyramid/Other - in which case i'd win the bet anyway. :D

Maybe they left the Maiden bit out so the casual person doesnt notice it.

You advertise one headline act as exclusive and one not and your basically telling everybody "the other act can be seen at other festivals", you completely take it away and it still keep people guessing.

that's the conclusion I'm making. It's the only one which seems to make sense when they're still claiming other acts lower down the bill as exclusive.

You do realise that if Metallica play then people who have ignored the festival for years are going to sit up and take a lot of notice. Its popularity could actually double overnight.The metal/hard rock, " everything else is just shit" audience is ENORMOUS.

"Look, Adele, we will make sure we have your favourite curry waiting after your set, promise no pap photos of your kid and that you get VIP access to all the late night party areas after your slot ... please just do us this massive favor and be the massive headline grabbing headliner we want"

The festival doesn't need a headline grabbing year after last year, but I bet it is still trying.

"Look, Adele, we will make sure we have your favourite curry waiting after your set, promise no pap photos of your kid and that you get VIP access to all the late night party areas after your slot ... please just do us this massive favor and be the massive headline grabbing headliner we want"

The festival doesn't need a headline grabbing year after last year, but I bet it is still trying.