Prince, Metallica and Outkast confirmed for Glastonbury 2014 Festival today?

Guest StoneCircle

So is Prince sort of ruled out then??

Think this means Elbow look more likely, i'm a fan of them and would enjoy it but i dunno how well they would go down. IMO they have 1 absolutely huge song and maybe 2 or 3 other semi recognisable songs to the casual listener, looks like they haven't sold out any of their arena tour as well so i think they should remain a sub headliner. That being said, i guess it is important to push British bands

I think The Foo Fighters should be seriously considered now as well, new album this year and the recent NME blog about them implies that they will be doing festivals this summer. Obviously that doesn't make Glastonbury any more likely than T in the Park or Isle of Wight etc tough

I think it's between them and Kanye West. Kanye supported by Outkast would certainly be a curve ball

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha i'm imagining the anger on this forum if they were announced

Which would mean that the Eavis family would never book them, because obviously when deciding headliners Michael and Emily trawl through these forums every single day paying close attention to every completely unbiased/unpretentious comment made about some of the bands

Just imagining them now, "Oh somebody doesn't like Kasabian and says that they are just 'lad rock', better cancel them then!'

Obviously a matter of opinion but i think Foo Fighters would put on a great show

Edited by Monkismo

The would as they always do. I think Glastonbury's the only big UK fest that they haven't headlined as well but they're obviously far too guitary with far too many songs that people actually know the words to for people on here. Call me wrong but isn't that what headlining the main stage is all about? Also, back to Kasabian, I seem to recall the one the best ever Pyramid sing along moments was when they subbed Arctics in 2007 - it seemed like the whole field was singing the "nah, nah, nah" bit from LSF for about half an hour after they finished - and that was way before they'd even released their arguably most famous song (Fire).

I'm a massive Foos fan, have seen them 3 times before, i must admit they might look slightly odd headlining the pyramid stage, always thought Reading was the pinnacle for them

As for Kasabian, i've said on other threads that they are just a very neutral band, won't blow you away but they certainly won't be bad. Also it is a sad fact of the music industry that they are one of the only big British festival headliners left, i think a Glastonbury headline slot for them has looked pretty inevitable for 3 or 4 years now

One thing is making me think against it being them alongside Foos though, as wouldn't that be too similar to Reading and Leeds 2012? Or would that matter? Not sure

If all three Pyramid headliners were announced before anything else, and they were all things I really wanted to see, I'd be a bit concerned. Because I know for a fact that loads of other things would come up and it would be a case of loads of nasty clashes.

Happy if it stays as it is and I can close my Friday night on the Pyramid and look elsewhere on Saturday and Sunday!