Prince, Metallica and Outkast confirmed for Glastonbury 2014 Festival today?

Guest StoneCircle

As I said there will always be naysayers that are negative what ever they're given. The Stones had them, U2 had them, Coldplay had them, Beyonce had them, Prince would have them... But the fact remains Jay-Z changed a lot of people's opinions with that set, including Noel Gallagher (not that his opinion means shit, but he was one of the more vocal naysayers in the media.)

If Eavis seriously thought it was dreadful why the fuck would he go & book his wife to headline just 3 years later? In fact, here's a quote for you, from Eavis which totally contradicts what you're trying to say about Jay-Z : "Year before last I was stressed, trying to sell all the tickets, with the Jay-Z situation, or whatever it was. I think it was the previous three years' mud really. But in the end it all turned around at the last minute. It was such a huge thing, with Jay-Z and his wife standing there in the wings. It was amazing"

The lack of other hip hop headliners I've already explained to you, it's due to there being a lack a massive hip hop artists capable of headlining Glastonbury & them being in high demand from other festivals/promoters that can afford to shell out top dollar for a one off exclusive performance. But you're too ignorant to accept the reasoning & instead you'd rather twist the truth to fit your argument.

Edited by russycarps

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But his not interesting in the slightest unless your one of those strange people who think celebrates lives are worth learning about and care that his giving that rich bird from the telly one. His not even really particularly controversial in remarks he makes (Well apart thinking himself a musical genius.) He just says utterly twatish things.

Well Bowie and his comments about facism is one example of it. Sorry what is the point you are making ?Showmanship is an important part of being a musician surely I don't have to explain that.