Prince, Metallica and Outkast confirmed for Glastonbury 2014 Festival today?

Guest StoneCircle

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm i can't see Outkast being Bestivals 'big' act though, in the vain of The Cure, Stevie Wonder or Elton John. more a middle-ish headliner, so i expect the third (probably Sunday) headliner to be somebody huge (and the Friday headliner to be Foals or someone in that ilk)

somebody mentioned this over on the Bestival forum. is it just the standard 'small Thursday headliner and three main headliners' or is there actually going to be three more huge headliners? where has this info come from?

looks like Bestival may well have shelled out a shitload for Outkast then

i'm sure the other two (three) headliners will be well aware of their size compared to Outkast. just a weird marketing strategy to go out and say 'if you didn't think Outkast were big enough to headline then you're sure gonna be disappointed with our other headliners!'. i'm expecting bands like Foals (or that general size) to be the headliners then (although hopefully something a bit more exciting than Foals)

looks like Bestival may well have shelled out a shitload for Outkast then

i'm sure the other two (three) headliners will be well aware of their size compared to Outkast. just a weird marketing strategy to go out and say 'if you didn't think Outkast were big enough to headline then you're sure gonna be disappointed with our other headliners!'. i'm expecting bands like Foals (or that general size) to be the headliners then (although hopefully something a bit more exciting than Foals)

i love Foals but they're fast becoming one of those bands who just seem to be at every festival, all of the time, peddling out the same setlist, so i'd find them a rather uninspiring headliner (still don't quite see them as a headliner despite them doing Latitude)

Chase & Status seem quite likely i reckon. wouldn't at all be surprised if they were there (seem to have a dance headliner most years and they seem like one of the only realistic ones left who haven't done it)