Latitude 2014

Gingerbond

How far is the walk between 6 music stage and obelisk arena? Just want to know whether I really have to commit to one or the other - I think two door are alright so seeing them wouldn't be awful, I'm really enjoying mogwai atm though

About 3 minutes! (if that!)

Looks much better now with the undercard announced :)

Edited by cdm22

Line-up looks fairly solid in my opinion, would have loved to have seen Editors finally given a chance to headline a UK festival. I haven't read anything which suggests they're a UK exclusive, does anyone think there's a chance they'll be doing other UK fests?

I had pre-accepted Black Keys, so I'm left very happy with this announcement, Mogwai, James, Editors, Kelis, Mogawai, James, Mogwai, James... And I'm very glad that Robyn & Royksopp are headlining a stage rather than not headlining the main stage, I had hoped they'd be up against TDCC to soak up all the silly children, but my love of Robyn forbids me from being sad.

My big "oh fuck that's crap moment" on looking at the poster is a worry that Afghan Whigs and Conor Oberst will clash. I'd have to find some way to split myself into three so 2/3rds of me could watch Conor Oberst and another third could enjoy Afghan Whigs.

I've warmed to it more. Robyn and royksopp in the tent will be good, plus conor oberst and hall and oates in a day. I'd watch black keys as well. Think if i can volunteer and try and get shifts that avoid those i'll go. I'd watch editors but saw them loads for the first two albums and not liked anything since.

Think I'm gonna volunteer here if I'm not on holiday. Can't miss Editors ye know?

Never listened to Mogwai, and I know they're bummed on here, and TDCC make me heave, so I'm having a listen now. I know this song I'm listening to, it's cool.

Only way to listen to Mogwai is very loud and on your headphones.

Only way to listen to Mogwai is very loud and on your headphones.

I disagree about on headphones specifically. Very loud is ace though.

I know Young Team is their highest rated album but I think they're all great, Happy Songs for Happy People in particular.

Spotted Tom Vek amongst the i Arena names; had no idea he was back doing stuff this year so that's excellent.

I think I'd be mostly setting up camp on the 6music Stage but there are a few good names on the i Arena stage and there's bound to be more to come. I think I'd only head to the Obelisk for the Whigs and maybe Booker T, and the Sunday top two if nothing else takes my fancy.

I do think it's weaker than some recent years but it's still near the front of the pack for UK festival line ups as always.

I should of added that's the only way I can listen to them as the wife is a boy band fan, she would stab me playing Mogwai loud on the stereo.

"Mum, Dad, I think she's the one"

"are you sure son?"

"Yeah... I'd even give up playing Mogwai loud on the stereo if she asked me to"

That's real love, to sacrifice Mogwai for somebody else.

"Mum, Dad, I think she's the one"

"are you sure son?"

"Yeah... I'd even give up playing Mogwai loud on the stereo if she asked me to"

That's real love, to sacrifice Mogwai for somebody else.

Sacrifice? I have had to turn my Bjork room into a nursery, now that's a sacrifice..

Not even middle name? Or initials that spell Bjork? Barbara Jennifer Olivia Rachel Katherine theTime, it has a ring to it.

I tried, I tried bloody hard for even an added 2nd middle name but she wasn't having any of it haha.

She has a hatred for bjork, which after 13 years of me being obsessed while I've been with her is understandable lol.

Some women eh!

Side issue didn't you go and see albarn last week? How was it?

Edited by thetime