Bowie

reallife

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....I dunno if anyone else gets Glastonbury memory black holes? 1998 was particularly bad, Bob dylan apparently played? No idea if I saw him or not? Was he any good etc etc ;)

Only virtually all of my first six or seven glastonburys! As for Bowie, caught the end of his set which was superb. For some inexplicable, pill- driven reason we decided to watch basement jaxx. But I DO remember they were particularly strong that year! :lol:

I do apologise! :)

So why is no one talking about it? Is this just because of that story in the Somerset Gazette?

I think so. If it gets reported on the homepage then it usually makes it into the rumours doesn't it? To be honest if the three headliners are currently correct then you'd assume the Thin White Duke has already turned it down.

I think so. If it gets reported on the homepage then it usually makes it into the rumours doesn't it? To be honest if the three headliners are currently correct then you'd assume the Thin White Duke has already turned it down.

True. Weird that it didn't go up earlier though.

Damn it! I was hoping this was new info.

• 2 weeks later...

So then.

eFests reporting a 'bidding war' between AEG and Live Nation for a Bowie show next summer. Of course it is from the Mirror, so could be complete bull.

If true and Bowie is willing, anyone reckon we're gonna see a Stones mk.II here? Looks like Glastonbury is the only festival Bowie would really consider

Edited by GlastoSimon

So then.

eFests reporting a 'bidding war' between AEG and Live Nation for a Bowie show next summer. Of course it is from the Mirror, so could be complete bull.

If true and Bowie is willing, anyone reckon we're gonna see a Stones mk.II here? Looks like Glastonbury is the only festival Bowie would really consider

yeah of all papers reporting, don't believe the mirror. from previous the sun is more accurate on things, generally full of shite but on stuff like that they've had good previous info sometimes

Bollocks according to NME - http://www.nme.com/news/david-bowie/72403

Mind you, until recently the idea of new material was also bollocks until the entire album dropped without anyone knowing. So he's always reserved the right to contradict himself.

It's much easier to keep a lid on things when people suspect you're retired, now he's got people clamouring for him to tour, it'll be hard to keep any shows or talks about such under wraps.

why would bowie choose to do a shitty little gig in a carpark in east london if he were to make a comeback?

I am 99% sure he'd play somewhere in new york before anywhere in the uk, and who can blame him

I cant imagine any comeback would be governed by money - this isnt the rolling stones we're talking about

IF Bowie played, what are the chances of him not doing half of his average 'new' album?

Pretty good. He did a greatest hits set last time. Like The Stones, hes wise enough to realise a Glasto headline set needs to be hit friendly.

He won;t make the same mistake that Ralph McTell did.

Edited by The Nal