The Elbow Excitement Thread!

ThomThomDrum

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can anyone be excited by Elbow? ;)

Because they're a good band and it would be good to listen to them?

I had this for years about Leonard Cohen.... "Wow, you must be so depressed' - 'I can't imagine how dull a Cohen concert would be".

Just because a band has a melancholic tone it doesn't mean that they suffer in comparison to Rihanna.

Agree with all that apart from the nuggets.

This is what they're made of. Its then washed with ammonia and add 30 odd other nasty additives and then some TGHQ - which is basically butane (lighter fluid) to keep it "fresh".

Sorry, but the mind boggles sometimes when you see people "treating" their children to this nonsense on a daily or weekly basis. Be healthier bringing your kid down the pub for a few Jagerbombs.

chicken-mcnuggets-ingredients-big.jpg

But yeah, I'd still rather a 9 piece meal, fries and a McFlurry than Elbow headlining.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2551238/McDonalds-reveal-EXACTLY-chicken-nuggets-note-not-pink-goop.html

It's the mail I know but the pink goop seems to be different from what they really use.

Anyone got Q mag with Elbow on front cover? I know its completely meaningless but the cover says they ".. are back with their best album yet"

5 star review for the new album from the boys and girls at Q and described as their masterpiece. Not always the best endorsement I know but looking forward to it none the less :)

Edited by Morse Code

The world has gone bonkers. Elbow fourth on the card behind the likes of Calvin'Harris and Paulo Nutini.

If is was guy I would tell them where to stick it, theyre better than that. Much better

The world of music has really gone mad

I think the fact that they're scottish is very relevant...

fourth down on the lineup poster for TITP so yeah, no way are they headlining (although still a safe bet that they'll sub - TITP always has acts lower than Glasto)

what a shit lineup by the way

Don't think the line up is that bad imo but I don't see why they have booked Calvin Harris to headline.

Edited by Tr234

Isn't Calvin doing like a set after the headliner, because they got that grant to allow music on the Main stage later

that's what people thought, but it seems he is the actual headliner, with Paolo Nutini serving as the other headliner earlier on (which a lot of people seem pissed at as Paolo Nutini clearly isn't a headliner)

that's what people thought, but it seems he is the actual headliner, with Paolo Nutini serving as the other headliner earlier on (which a lot of

people seem pissed at as Paolo Nutini clearly isn't a headliner)

Ahh right yeh does seen pretty weak but I wouldn't be arsed as bif is a top draw and monkeys are alright live

fourth down on the lineup poster for TITP so yeah, no way are they headlining (although still a safe bet that they'll sub - TITP always has acts lower than Glasto)

what a shit lineup by the way

I assume the majority of that lineup will be at Glasto too (as well as an awful lot more, obviously). Would be pleased with a fair few of the names.