Nick Cave

Midnight Man

On 3/8/2024 at 3:00 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's great. First thing he's done that I've loved in a long time.

Yeah, same here, I really haven't enjoyed the last three albums, Push the Sky Away onwards, so it's a decade or so since I've really been excited by him. But the new song has got me looking forward to the new record way more than I expected to. Still can't really get my head around him playing arenas though. Fair play, it's a decent payday, but just doesn't feel right. 

1 hour ago, Mardy said:

Yeah, same here, I really haven't enjoyed the last three albums, Push the Sky Away onwards, so it's a decade or so since I've really been excited by him. But the new song has got me looking forward to the new record way more than I expected to. Still can't really get my head around him playing arenas though. Fair play, it's a decent payday, but just doesn't feel right. 

He made the Manchester Arena feel like an intimate place when he played there last, one of the very best arena gigs I’ve witnessed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I f**k with Skeleton Tree tbh. It's the last couple of albums where he's d@bbed down hard.

You might not like Skeleton Tree stylistically, but you can't call it a d@b down when it's in a two way scrap for his best album ever...

Edited by Superscally

After this, I dug out Skeleton Tree this morning from the shelves and gave it another spin. Nope, definitely not for me. To the extent it might be going in the pile of albums I've got to go back to the record shop for a trade in.

4 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Saying I f**k with it = I like it.

Ah! 😃 

2 hours ago, Mardy said:

After this, I dug out Skeleton Tree this morning from the shelves and gave it another spin. Nope, definitely not for me. To the extent it might be going in the pile of albums I've got to go back to the record shop for a trade in.

😭

9 minutes ago, OllieMadd said:

Interesting one for you then here -

https://www.theredhandfiles.com/why-nocturama-is-so-hated/

10 minutes ago, Superscally said:

One of the few I don't have...Will hunt it down. 

It's got a swing to it I like. The roll to go with the rock. It feels less measured, more free, spontaneous and experimentally joyful in places. I think that's my problem with the recent stuff. It feels a bit careful, like a beautifully rendered painting, when sometimes you want a bit of mess, a scribbling outside the lines. 

On 3/17/2024 at 9:47 AM, Avalon_Fields said:

He made the Manchester Arena feel like an intimate place when he played there last, one of the very best arena gigs I’ve witnessed.

Was this the one around 2017?

Think it was the first one after it reopened. One of the best things I've ever seen, and I'm not even a Nick Cave superfan

20 minutes ago, mario man said:

Anyone see how much standing tickets were for London? They were all sold out by the time I got through this morning

£70+fees iirc. Think it was nearer £80-£85 once they were included as was thinking the fee % was taking the pee a bit 🙂

• Thanks 1