Nick Cave

Midnight Man

6 hours ago, carlosj said:

Publication, if anyone wants something lyrical for Christmas.

@Zoo Music Girl I hear from HMV that you got tickets? Great news!

I did, thank you! I'm on holiday at the moment so haven't been on the forum much but am pleased to report we were successful 😀

My mate got them in the last two minutes!

Did you get them?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I did, thank you! I'm on holiday at the moment so haven't been on the forum much but am pleased to report we were successful 😀

My mate got them in the last two minutes!

Did you get them?

Yes, we were lucky too.

I've already packed!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Just now, NorthernSoul52 said:

Maybe '24 then. Still disgruntled the UK arena run got kicked after an initial postponement. Couldn't get down to London last year for that all-timer of a setlist.

Yeah it's a shame that tour got pulled. I think 2024 more realistic. I was lucky enough to see em twice last year - Primavera and APE - but always happy to have them on the farm. Will be 11 years by then! 2013 feels like yesterday to me.

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah it's a shame that tour got pulled. I think 2024 more realistic. I was lucky enough to see em twice last year - Primavera and APE - but always happy to have them on the farm. Will be 11 years by then! 2013 feels like yesterday to me.

2013 is so odd. A decade removed and yet I blink and moments feel so fresh in the memory. A non-Glastonbury one, but saw Springsteen open what was then called Leeds Arena. Mad that's ten years ago this summer.

1 minute ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

2013 is so odd. A decade removed and yet I blink and moments feel so fresh in the memory. A non-Glastonbury one, but saw Springsteen open what was then called Leeds Arena. Mad that's ten years ago this summer.

Yeah, that 2013 festival is really fresh in my memory, perhaps more than some of the later ones.

Just now, NorthernSoul52 said:

Do wonder what it will sound like. Was under the impression Ghosteen effectively capped a trilogy of records in its vein, and that the Cave/Ellis work of Carnage was to signal a move towards more traditional Bad Seeds fare down the line.

I don't know. If you read the latest book, it's pretty clear to me that his work with Warren is way more exciting to him than making a more traditional Bad Seeds record. Also no Mick now, so Warren is the main collaborator.

Not a bad thing in my eyes as PTSA and ST are two of my favourite things they've ever done. I love Ghosteen too, but connected it with it a lot slower. Carnage did and still does blow me away and I'd love to see more stuff like that.

Whatever they do next, it will be interesting.