thewayiam

a few years ago he was one of the biggest ticket sellers in the UK, and he's only grown in stature since

Really? I thought he'd been totally inactive for multiple years. Or maybe my radio magically switched channels every single time one of his songs got played since 2010 :P

Ben Howard would probably want main stage though

? He was third down on 4Music in 2012 and that was when his album was massively popular. He's done absolutely nothing since that album except a little EP which flopped, and even that was nearly two years ago now. For all Ben Howard's critical acclaim and slots on the Pyramid Stage he's still only ever had one song make the Top 40. Newton Faulkner probably merits a main stage slot more than Ben Howard does at the moment, though even he has done very poorly in terms of single sales. (I love both so I'm allowed to say this btw).

Saying that, last year it was 31st May.

Though that was because V fucked it up, it was originally supposed to be a few weeks earlier than that, let's be fair.

Edited by Zac Quinn

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

V already sharing a few acts with this festival in Cumbria: http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/14/140306m.shtml Who else could we see added? Clean Bandit, Razorlight, Athlete? Frank Turner's probably a bit too big for a second announcement now but I live in hope. Catfish and the Bottlemen probably still too unknown for V to be desperate to claw them away from R&L.

Really? I thought he'd been totally inactive for multiple years. Or maybe my radio magically switched channels every single time one of his songs got played since 2010 :P

Inactivity breeds interest and a want for more, especially from someone as talented as Paolo is

Ed's album will probably go to number 1 aswell. Anyway arent you one of the people saying chart position's dont count :P I arent complaining that he is looking like 2nd or 3rd, I might see him I might not.

Paolo must be a good seller as saturday has sold out at T. Could that be the Paolo factor or the later finish time factor, but I cant see it being the Calvin factor

The album position was just a point on his stature in current music

T selling out Saturday will be down to multiple things - Calvin, Paolo, Pharrell are all massive draws, it's on a Saturday so it's easier for people to get to, and get home from, get pissed etc. and don't they only have something like 15,000 day tickets? Not a lot to sell

last year all main stage was in the first announcement

wrong

V already sharing a few acts with this festival in Cumbria: http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/14/140306m.shtml Who else could we see added? Clean Bandit, Razorlight, Athlete? Frank Turner's probably a bit too big for a second announcement now but I live in hope. Catfish and the Bottlemen probably still too unknown for V to be desperate to claw them away from R&L.

CATB are at Strawberry Fields just down the road from V North the weekend before so there's a chance of them, I'd say.

? He was third down on 4Music in 2012 and that was when his album was massively popular. He's done absolutely nothing since that album except a little EP which flopped, and even that was nearly two years ago now. For all Ben Howard's critical acclaim and slots on the Pyramid Stage he's still only ever had one song make the Top 40. Newton Faulkner probably merits a main stage slot more than Ben Howard does at the moment, though even he has done very poorly in terms of single sales. (I love both so I'm allowed to say this btw).

Where could he play in a natural progression, I cant see him going down in position after pyramid stage so main stage around where Jason Mraz played would have been ideal I think. Newton is good too I think, ive seen him and he was pretty good for a singalong

The album position was just a point on his stature in current music

T selling out Saturday will be down to multiple things - Calvin, Paolo, Pharrell are all massive draws, it's on a Saturday so it's easier for people to get to, and get home from, get pissed etc. and don't they only have something like 15,000 day tickets? Not a lot to sell

I dont know how many tickets they had to sell I just saw it sold out and saw people saying it could be the paolo factor.

wrong

The Saturdays presumably played where Little Mix were going to be playing, unless there is someone else I have missed

Somewhere lower on the bill than he was placed when he was popular.. :P Pyramid slots mean fuck all in terms of relevance to other festivals anyway, Rita Ora played there last year FGS

Pyramid or not I think he deserves low main. If Paolo can be that high Ben Howard could at least go up a stage couldnt he.

Yeah no idea how her manager pulled that off :P

it didn't sell out with beyonce so like fuck is it gonna sell out with this less mainstream (albeit better) line-up this year :)

Maybe the JT factor will help it sell. I must admit when I got my ticket last year when it was meant to sell out in 90 mins I was happy, when it didnt sell out after the first day I was less excited that I had my tickets

I think some of you are kidding themselves at how popular some bands will be for the average V audience, hence the high bookings.

As an average the majority of efesters probably are no longer in the sights of the management who need to shift tickets

Little Mix were due for the arena, I believe The Saturdays were confirmed before Little Mix went.

Who was due to play main stage before The Saturdays were put there?

I think some of you are kidding themselves at how popular some bands will be for the average V audience, hence the high bookings.

As an average the majority of efesters probably are no longer in the sights of the management who need to shift tickets

I think I am right where V is aiming their line up, and I agree that some people want their older acts to be higher up but V goes with more pop and dance higher up, which I dont mind