Synthesizer/electronic band help needed please!

dingbat2

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to bump my own thread, but threads disappear from the front page and get lost at this time of year!

Any more recommendations out ther please? Intrigued by Mountains at the moment, opening the JP stage on Friday, but I've only heard one good chilled 10 minute song from them so far, and can't find anything else from them at the moment

Anymore for anymore?!

Cheers my little Glasto ferrets!

Bad news for you I'm afraid. I got excited when you mentioned Mountains as they're great and hadn't spotted them on the lineup. But I think you may have miss read the line up page. The band playing is "Francois and the Atlas Mountains' but because they have a long name 'Mountains' dropped onto the next line making it look like another band.

• 11 months later...

Evening all! I thought I would wait til the full line up was announced, especially Williams Green, before I bumped my thread from last year!

So, from the full line-up , what electronica would you recommend for me this year, based on my tastes in my original post from last year?

All help greatly appreciated, as it was last year...

New Build are on again. Mogwai aren't particularly electronic, but have the repetition thing going on.

John Grant's latest album is quite synthy. 2 Bears are more electronic, but they do have words, so might be up your street? However they oddly only seem to be doing DJ sets this year.

Jon Hopkins is totally electronic, but he's hardly techno, lots of delicate synth work going on there. Might be worth a listen?

More along the lines of what you mentioned in the OP, Little Dragon + MGMT are playing.

2 Bears are more electronic, but they do have words, so might be up your street? However they oddly only seem to be doing DJ sets this year.

FYI 2 Bears were advertised as playing their first ever live set this year at Bestival, so it's hardly odd...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...