Synthesizer/electronic band help needed please!

dingbat2

I need some help chaps, I love electronic music, anything with synthesizers and I am a happy man. The sort of bands I love are Kraftwerk, Goldfrapp, Gary Numan, M83, Holy Fuck, Air, Delphic, Mirrors, Ulrich Schnauss, Portishead (yes I am a happy man),Sigur Ros (less synths but I still love them)

Can anyone recommend any ‘synth’ bands from the line up so far. Although I like dance music, I am looking for synth musicspecifically, so any ideas?

Cheers!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

System 7 and Eat Static might fit the bill. Spirit of '71 on Sunday.

I was thinking of asking about ambient too - which might be a sub-category of what you are after. I'm currently listening to Easily Embarrassed and anything in that vein would be interesting.

Little Boots Discotheque :ninja:

It's more popish I guess in a way but Little Boots loves her synths!

Listened to one of her mixes yesterday and enjoyed it more than i thought i would - does the discotheque mean she will be djing rather than performing live?

Will watch this thread with interest as this is a type of music which doesn't seem well catered for at first glance... I'm sure it's there though. The other tribe (recommended to me on another thread), fenech-solar (again quite poppy), time &space machine and hopefully a hot chip secret set spring to mind.

Listened to one of her mixes yesterday and enjoyed it more than i thought i would - does the discotheque mean she will be djing rather than performing live?

I'm not entirely sure as I've not seen the discotheque shows before . I think it's more of a cross between her live act and a kind of Chemical Bros (DJ SET) type set. I believe its mostly her just downscaled so she loses the drums/guitar/nbass but I think still has the synths and sings live.)

Edit , just found this again knew I had seen it somewhere:

http://littlebootsdiscotheque.tumblr.com/what

WHAT IS LITTLE BOOTS DISCOTHEQUE?

Little Boots Discotheque (LBD) is a brand new remixed live experience brought to you by Little Boots.

Taking the club-shaking beats and mixes of a Little Boots DJ set and the live vocals and synth-meddling of a live show, LBD is a unique stripped down danceable performance, a Little Boots Soundsystem if you will.

LBD sets feature LB songs old and new, alongside some of our favourite dance artists, all remixed and re-charged onstage with a bolstered arsenal of synthesisers and drum machines.

Little Boots Discotheque has headlined everywhere New York’s Webster Hall to Barcelona’s Nitsa Club, and have a busy summer 2013 coming up with calendar highlights including sets at Glastonbury Festival’s dance village, and We Love at Ibiza’s legendary Space.

Edited by LondonTom

Fuck buttons. Glorious, glorious noise

YES to this.

Seen them twice in my years, once in Edinburgh supporting Mogwai and they were ok, then last week at Primavera and they blew me away, seriously considering them at Glasto now.

Django Django's album is brilliant, plenty of synthy stuff on it, their synth player is also the happiest looking guy on planet earth when they play!

Crystal Castles headlining the John Peel on Friday, synthtastic.

James Blake / Toro Y Moi / Gold Panda / Mount Kimbie / Rustie / Scuba / Joy Orbison are all brilliant and heavy on the synths

Sorry to bump my own thread, but threads disappear from the front page and get lost at this time of year!

Any more recommendations out ther please? Intrigued by Mountains at the moment, opening the JP stage on Friday, but I've only heard one good chilled 10 minute song from them so far, and can't find anything else from them at the moment

Anymore for anymore?!

Cheers my little Glasto ferrets!