Synthesizer/electronic band help needed please!

dingbat2

Anyone got any good live electronic/synthesizer recommendations this year, now the full line up has been announced. I see the likes of Sigur Ros, M83, Jagwar Ma, John Grant, Churches and Coves are back which is great, as are Subgiant albeit in a stupid slot (2.15am on Saturday morning in the Bimble Inn).  I had hoped Toy were going to be announced as well but hey ho.

Any recommendations before I start ploughing through the line up, starting with the Williams Green stage?!

Thanks!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

Anyone got any good live electronic/synthesizer recommendations this year, now the full line up has been announced. I see the likes of Sigur Ros, M83, Jagwar Ma, John Grant, Churches and Coves are back which is great, as are Subgiant albeit in a stupid slot (2.15am on Saturday morning in the Bimble Inn).  I had hoped Toy were going to be announced as well but hey ho.

Any recommendations before I start ploughing through the line up, starting with the Williams Green stage?!

Thanks!

Sorry to state the obvious but every other act mentioned in this thread pales into significance when compared to this.

In addition to those mentioned above...

Thursday
Mura Masa on Wow!
Vaults on GreenPeace

Friday
Gwenno on Park
Nao on Park

Christine & The Queens on Other
Roisin Murphy on West Holts
Jack Garratt on John Peel
Aluna George on John Peel

Saturday
Santigold on West Holts
Dua Lipa on John Peel
Lapsley on John Peel
Mo on John Peel

Sunday
Braids on Pussy Parlure
Haelos on Pussy Parlure
Dua Lipa on Sonic

Edited by Timberford

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

pissed this clashes with Jagwar Ma/Kurt Vile as i've never seen an act in the Glade before and this would be a fantastic first act to see

Are Jagwar Ma any cop? Someone tried to play me dome bits a few years ago but they sounded like a dodgy Madchester band. Should I give them a proper go?

My mate raves about them.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

You checked out Shura, easty? She used to play for Man City. :lol:

No mate, I was just giving Braids a listen and they are pretty nice. 

Will give Shura a listen when I get chance. Mad busy in work at the min and stuck here for the next 4 nights :-(

Although not playing this year, it is fair to say I have fell in love with Cut/Copy and can't get enough of them.

54 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Are Jagwar Ma any cop? Someone tried to play me dome bits a few years ago but they sounded like a dodgy Madchester band. Should I give them a proper go?

i love them. a modern day take on the Madchester sound... but from Australia! their album Howlin' is one that i continuously return to and never get enough of

2 hours ago, Time Being said:

Floating Points

Park Stage

Saturday 20:00-21:00

This! Im not missing it.

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

pissed this clashes with Jagwar Ma/Kurt Vile as i've never seen an act in the Glade before and this would be a fantastic first act to see

Get yourself in there on Sunday from 12.

Davos - Touretteshero - Cassetteboy. The BEST way to start the sunday. No doubt about it.

Just now, FuzzyDunlop said:

Get yourself in there on Sunday from 12.

Davos - Touretteshero - Cassetteboy. The BEST way to start the sunday. No doubt about it.

don't have anything planned that early so if i'm in any fit state i may just do this! really wanted to see something there this year - looks like such a great stage and everybody on here seems to love it

Just now, FloorFiller said:

don't have anything planned that early so if i'm in any fit state i may just do this! really wanted to see something there this year - looks like such a great stage and everybody on here seems to love it

Its my favourite area as there is so much variety. Comedy, rock, ska, drum n bass, techno, trance.  It's a festival in a festival. 

Im planning on spending a few hours on saturday in there at Ozric Tentacles too. They have synths, but are not really what the OP was asking about.

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

They are great fun live...

... This was the most fun I have had during a torrential downpour in ages

Edited by dingbat2

4 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

... This was the most fun I have had during a torrential downpour for ages

never seen that before. looks absolutely ace. was gutted to have missed them that year so am stoked i get to make up for it this year

8 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Its my favourite area as there is so much variety. Comedy, rock, ska, drum n bass, techno, trance.  It's a festival in a festival. 

Im planning on spending a few hours on saturday in there at Ozric Tentacles too. They have synths, but are not really what the OP was asking about.

you not fancy tristan saturday morning in the glade? :) will be spending my saturday and sunday mornings there! although four tet morning side in stonebridge also sounds a great start to the day

12 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

You might think that, but I will be at the front for Ozric Tentacles, love them.  Less synthy, but they are still a must see. Other highlights from the last few years but are less synthy but are right up my street, are King Gizzard, 65daysofstatic and Toy - none announced for this year unfortunately. Any more like these please!!

Floating Points are a must for me this year. Subgiant as well until I noticed they were playing the Bimble Inn at 2.15am on Saturday!

I also like a bit of Beak and Preoccupation for what it's worth

Thanks for the contributions so far, still plenty to get through....

Cheers fella. Will try find that on Deezer and have a listen. Few decent Aussie bands about then by the looks of things. Cut/Copy are from Oz as well and they have a very English sound/vibe.

42 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

i love them. a modern day take on the Madchester sound... but from Australia! their album Howlin' is one that i continuously return to and never get enough of

You not going A Guy Called Gerald on the Thursday

35 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

24 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

... This was the most fun I have had during a torrential downpour in ages

Cheers mate. Need have a ganders what stage and time they are on then :D