Worthy View Roll Call

Guest olive123

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I arrive tomorrow - staying with friends who have 2 tents booked. From what I hear the tents are great

Has anyone figured best way to get there assuming you are coming by coach? Looks like a long trek from Gate A so wondered if anyone has tried the free bus straight there or has anyone dared the walk across and then uphill...

We're here. Arrived 8.30 this morning, 5 mins walk from car to scout tent. Really nice and peaceful up here. Only problem we had was finding the entrance... Wasn't well sign posted and stewards didn't seem to know where it was. Awesome campsite, and scout tents are decent.

So, what did people think?

Pros:

Getting in and out was a breeze, no traffic, no trek from the car.

Showers were good, not too much of a queue and good that they reviewed the opening times.

Good, friendly staff.

Cons:

Not enough loos and not as well maintained as the onsite ones IMO.

No sinks!

What happened to the proposed camp fire?!

I must say I was massively impressed with Worthy View. The easiest most stress free entry to the festival I've had in 6yrs going. Drove straight into the car parks on Weds lunchtime, barely saw another car once we left the A37 until we got to the car park. Parked up in the field next to the gate, walked in no queue to check in, got taken to the tent, girl offered to help with our bags (I declined) then took our air bed to get pumped up using their electric pump at reception. Walked back to the car when we wanted, no dramas. Scout tents were massive and very very good quality. Really friendly vibe, a more mature crowd. Showered every day, yes there was a queue for the women but that is because they take longer, guys queue moved rapid.

Only negative points being not enough toilets, they were nice porcelain ones but I'd have settled for long drops and large urinals if there were more of them, although I guess it'd add smell to the site. The food wasn't up to much but all the staff in there were great.

All in all well worth the money and I'd do it again in a shot, but I'm sure it'll sell out much faster next yr.

Ramble ramble.

We drove down the A37 but then turned off away from the east car parks to head towards the A361 (was it that? something like that anyway!) We went on that road as it was what WV told us to take. However we felt like we'd been driving a while so stopped and asked a marshal, who told us there was nothing ahead and to turn around! Luckily we ignored him and kept going, made a random left after a while and soon came upon a WV sign. A few windy roads and a few more signs and we were there. That was Tuesday evening at about 8pm.

I did like WV, it had it's ups and down. Getting in was so easy and the walk from the car was nothing. The tent was lush and being there Tuesday night was a god send. For some reason I didn't expect flushing loos so that was nice, but shame the water didn't work for most of the weekend. The hill wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, steep but not too long. I never used the showers - may have if they'd been open at 1am but they weren't. I was glad it was run by MEavis which made it more Glastonbury esque and that profits would have gone to charities.

On the down side I missed the banter from the camp inside the fence with my other friends. Plus it did feel like suburbia, or like an army had just pitched up for the weekend. It was a little annoying having to take a ruksack, but then it was nice not having a trek to camp to get 'evening' wear, which was quite a walk inside the fence on other years anyway.

I didn't meet many neighbours which was a shame, but then I didnt stay in WV for long (except to sleep!) anyway. I don't know if there were many robberies, but I left the solar panel for my fairy lights sticking out of the tent. I came back in the night and went to turn them on, only to find someone had ripped out the solar panel. Perhaps they thought there was a mobile phone on the other end. The lights weren't expensive so it wasn't a big deal, but a little disturbing.

Oh and we hadn't been told about the firework show on the Wednesday night, which meant the path to and from WV was shut for health and safety reasons. Bloody annoying! We were stuck in the festival (not really a big deal as we got to see the show but some people were really upset at not being able to get back to their tent) and then there were those who were stuck in WV and couldn't come down the hill to join in the festival! A little warning would have been nice.

We took the bus and they didn't have enough shuttles so it took quite a long time to finally get to the site. Tent was awesome, toilets were a bit of a mess and not nearly enough of them. Didn't try the showers. Food was mediocre. All that aside, i'm very glad we camped up there. The site itself was very clean and I felt quite safe up there. No one stole our flag which is an A+. The walk up the hill was good exercise too! :P

Edited by sonichka

So, what did people think?

Pros:

Getting in and out was a breeze, no traffic, no trek from the car.

Showers were good, not too much of a queue and good that they reviewed the opening times.

Good, friendly staff.

Cons:

Not enough loos and not as well maintained as the onsite ones IMO.

No sinks!

What happened to the proposed camp fire?!

I did like WV, it had it's ups and down. Getting in was so easy and the walk from the car was nothing. The tent was lush and being there Tuesday night was a god send. For some reason I didn't expect flushing loos so that was nice, but shame the water didn't work for most of the weekend. The hill wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, steep but not too long. I never used the showers - may have if they'd been open at 1am but they weren't. I was glad it was run by MEavis which made it more Glastonbury esque and that profits would have gone to charities.

Subject to tickets I'd like to give Worthy View a go next year.

What were the tent sizes like, may sound daft but it's nice to have a bit of space in the tent.

Some 2 man tents can be tiny.

Have you got any pics of the tents in Worthy View to give an idea of size? ie do I need a 4 man to be comfortable for 2 people?

Thanks

Subject to tickets I'd like to give Worthy View a go next year.

What were the tent sizes like, may sound daft but it's nice to have a bit of space in the tent.

Some 2 man tents can be tiny.

Have you got any pics of the tents in Worthy View to give an idea of size? ie do I need a 4 man to be comfortable for 2 people?

Thanks