Bobby Womack to headline West Holts

Guest SirDaniel

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

glad the weeknd is still around (even though I'm seeing him in November) but also pleased he's not headlining as I never saw him as headliner...thought it was an odd choice to end on. and that's coming from a massive fan of the weeknd! looks like he'll be subbing chic now though which is amazing.

Can't believe Bobby went from page 1 ! , i've been having a Womack mormimg a WOW how i had forgot. During the late 70's and early to mid 80'd i have a soul boy thing going on, the likes of Teddy Pendergrass, Lou Rawls, George Benson, Luther Vandross and Bobby were all contants as were the legend that is Stevie W. I had forgotten how much i knew and hadn't listened to him for years really. Now i am showing my age here :) I can't wait to see him. Though ageing i know, if he can belt out half a tune as he used too, and i have seen him on Jools recently, with that big orchestra behind him, he willl be epic!

What are the chances that either he joins the Stones on Stage for It's All Over Now given that he originally wrote and recorded it before they had it as their first number 1?

Am now just listening to new album.....blimey it's impressive!

We'll defo be there on Sunday night.

Just hope he lives that long. :unsure:

There's definitely a touch of the Gil Scott Heron about it.

Edited by Kizzie

• 2 weeks later...

Glasto really isn't top of class this year for bookings. Two weeks ago Bobby Womack's appearance at Glasters was his only scheduled date in the UK this year. Now Latitude has announced him too.

I've no issue with his appearance at another festival. But why make the point about the exclusivity? Makes them look twatty at worst and naive at best.

• 4 weeks later...

And it's likely the last chance you'll get to see him- not sure how long he can keep touring with Alzheimer's. horrible horrible disease, I used to do some care work with someone suffering from it and my aunt suffered greatly with it until she died.