Bobby Womack to headline West Holts

Guest SirDaniel

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If its an addition it has raised the quality of the line up a notch. If its a replacement its a shame as The Weeknd is actually a brave & forward thinking booking. The likelihood is it will be busier for Bobby than it would have been for the weeknd.

Edited for sausage finger issues.

Edited by Badlands

I'm really happy about this. Sunday was the only night there was no 'must see' act for me, and I like to close the festival on a high, so this is ideal. I've seen his show with Damon quite a few times, so if anyone has any questions about how it's configured I can try and answer them. Having said that, I've never seen them at a festival, so they might change things up a little.

sometimes I hear blur 'things' before they are made public... if I hear about Damon doing anything else on site I will post here. though in oct 2008 I did say that blur would be headlining glasto 2009 and was roundly scoffed at on this forum ;)

Last set list looked like this

Bobby & The Bravest Man Band (with Damon Albarn)

Deep River

Whatever Happened To The Times

Please Forgive My Heart

The Bravest Man In The Universe

Stupid

Dayglo Reflection

Jubilee (Don't Let Nobody Turn You Around)

Bobby Womack

Across 110th Street

Nobody Wants You When You're Down and Out

Harry Hippie

Daylight

I Wish He Didn't Trust Me So Much

(Unknown)

Woman's Gotta Have It

You're Welcome, Stop on By

A Change Is Gonna Come

Lookin' for a Love

If You Think You're Lonely Now

It's All Over Now

(No Matter How High I Get) I'll Still Be Looking Up to You

Encore:

California Dreamin' (The Mamas & the Papas cover)

I'm really happy about this. Sunday was the only night there was no 'must see' act for me, and I like to close the festival on a high, so this is ideal. I've seen his show with Damon quite a few times, so if anyone has any questions about how it's configured I can try and answer them. Having said that, I've never seen them at a festival, so they might change things up a little.

sometimes I hear blur 'things' before they are made public... if I hear about Damon doing anything else on site I will post here. though in oct 2008 I did say that blur would be headlining glasto 2009 and was roundly scoffed at on this forum ;)

well sadly Bobby is in pretty poor health - he's visibly very frail - but he still gives a powerful performance. without wishing to tempt fate, I don't know how much longer he'll be touring for.

recent shows have been a mixture of the new album and his classic old stuff. as someone posted above, they usually start with the new songs and then bring out a bigger band to accompany the remainder of the set. The show is pretty 'static', obviously, to accommodate Bobby, but still very energetic. although he performs sitting down, he's an old showman at heart, and plays up to the audience as much as ever. tbh when Bobby first made his 'comeback' with Gorillaz I thought he'd lost it, vocally, but he seems to have regained it on this record. he definitely does the old tunes justice, though I know a lot of soul purists aren't happy with Damon's input.

I'd say it's a really good bet for Sunday night - classic feel good tunes and, in parts, a really moving show

well sadly Bobby is in pretty poor health - he's visibly very frail - but he still gives a powerful performance. without wishing to tempt fate, I don't know how much longer he'll be touring for.

recent shows have been a mixture of the new album and his classic old stuff. as someone posted above, they usually start with the new songs and then bring out a bigger band to accompany the remainder of the set. The show is pretty 'static', obviously, to accommodate Bobby, but still very energetic. although he performs sitting down, he's an old showman at heart, and plays up to the audience as much as ever. tbh when Bobby first made his 'comeback' with Gorillaz I thought he'd lost it, vocally, but he seems to have regained it on this record. he definitely does the old tunes justice, though I know a lot of soul purists aren't happy with Damon's input.

I'd say it's a really good bet for Sunday night - classic feel good tunes and, in parts, a really moving show

So was this a case of Glastonbury getting Bobby Womack on the off-chance, and having the Weeknd as a headliner in case it fell through?

Pretty good all round, Bobby Womack is a legend really. Those who wanted to see The Weeknd still can, and it means that Gorillaz can come back to replace the Rolling Stones. *Disclaimer: The last one was a joke*

Really going to have to convince my friends to see Womack and not Mumford, but then if Nick Cave is on the Pyramid beforehand.... hmmm...

whilst i like Bobby Womack, i like The Weeknd more, and if The Weeknd is subbing him (which may not be the case but who knows) then i'm gonna have to miss him for the Pumpkins which is very annoying for me

was gonna say i hope The Weeknd is subbing another day, but that'd still provide me with horrible clashes so i just can't win. goddammit

whilst i like Bobby Womack, i like The Weeknd more, and if The Weeknd is subbing him (which may not be the case but who knows) then i'm gonna have to miss him for the Pumpkins which is very annoying for me

was gonna say i hope The Weeknd is subbing another day, but that'd still provide me with horrible clashes so i just can't win. goddammit