The Rolling Stones vs Public Enemy

Guest gooner1990

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if I have room to carry another flag. The "I Love Sausage" flag takes up a lot of room as you know, as does my 12 man tent and my gazebo. Not to mention all the rope I have to cordon off my area of the camp site and my specially designed protective suitcase for my iPad.

is this a joke question are you for real the stones are one of if not the biggest band of all time nothing against pe loved them when i was younger but cmon ive seen them live and its just noise and a poor atmosphere the stones will bring the house down stones every time for me x

Ive been going to glastonbury for years working it for 13 years and i always said meh "Im not bothered whats playing now if the rolling stones were playing I'd see them and be excited",

I fully intend watching them from the front of the stage the entire set .

The stones even as old blokes are great performers, in the 1960s it was a battle between them and the beatles who was the better band, as for watching them or public enemy very likely public enemy might choose them,

if you could bring back jimi hendrix or jim morrison from the dead or had the complete beatles playing somewhere maybe I'd be tempted otherwise no question I'd watch the rolling stones.

I'm planning to do a bit of all 3 of Stones, Chase and Status and Public Enemy. Then if the rumours are true a bit of Skrillex!

Only really interested in seeing Paint it Black performed live and their recent set lists show that they play it early in the set, happy days!

Edited by garokev

I'm not going to Glastonbury this year, but if I was, despite having an interest in seeing The Rolling Stones, it would have to be Public Enemy. Arguably the most important Hip-Hop group of all time barring perhaps N.W.A., and they have a whole barrage of classic songs to aim at the crowd. Fight The Power, Don't Believe The Hype, Bring The Noise, Rebel Without A Pause, Harder Than You Think, He Got Game, the list is endless. I agree that Flava Flav can be annoying but come on, there are fewer figures in music that are cooler than Chuck D. The man is a legend.

Speaking of N.W.A., 2014 headliners? :P I wish.

I'm planning to do a bit of all 3 of Stones, Chase and Status and Public Enemy. Then if the rumours are true a bit of Skrillex!

Only really interested in seeing Paint it Black performed live and their recent set lists show that they play it early in the set, happy days!

Chemistry was crazy from the get-go

Neither one of us knew why

We didn't build nothing overnight

Cuz a love like this takes some time

People swore it off as a phase

Said we can’t see that

Now from top to bottom

They see that we did that (yes)

It’s so true that (yes)

We’ve been through it (yes)

We got real shit (yes)

See baby we been...

I'm not going to Glastonbury this year, but if I was, despite having an interest in seeing The Rolling Stones, it would have to be Public Enemy. Arguably the most important Hip-Hop group of all time barring perhaps N.W.A., and they have a whole barrage of classic songs to aim at the crowd. Fight The Power, Don't Believe The Hype, Bring The Noise, Rebel Without A Pause, Harder Than You Think, He Got Game, the list is endless. I agree that Flava Flav can be annoying but come on,

there are fewer figures in music that are cooler than Chuck D. The man is a legend.

I'm not going to Glastonbury this year, but if I was, despite having an interest in seeing The Rolling Stones, it would have to be Public Enemy. Arguably the most important Hip-Hop group of all time barring perhaps N.W.A., and they have a whole barrage of classic songs to aim at the crowd. Fight The Power, Don't Believe The Hype, Bring The Noise, Rebel Without A Pause, Harder Than You Think, He Got Game, the list is endless. I agree that Flava Flav can be annoying but come on, there are fewer figures in music that are cooler than Chuck D. The man is a legend.

I think Vintage Trouble at Avalon is the place to be Saturday night. Whilst I love PE from back in the day the live shows I've seen footage of were lacking something. Stones? Meh.

I feel very sorry for any band up against The Stones. They'll probably pull the biggest ever Pyramid crowd, despite people saying now that they'll go for alternatives. On the night I guess "This will probably be our last/only chance" will win over the other temptations.

I feel very sorry for any band up against The Stones. They'll probably pull the biggest ever Pyramid crowd, despite people saying now that they'll go for alternatives. On the night I guess "This will probably be our last/only chance" will win over the other temptations.