Headliner guesses

Guest Paul ™

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think YYY's are similar to New Order last year. A cheap-ish headliner to balance the cash spent on Elton John (or Stevie Wonder)

I don't know about Atoms For Peace- Bestival is the other end of summer to Glastonbury so I don't see that being a problem, they've got plenty of time to get things sorted. I wasn't sure if they'd be big enough, or if they'd fit better as a sub.

Sarcasm clearly not appreciated... :P

Yeah first point is a good one but I still get the feeling it's something of a bump up.

I realise the 2.5 month difference between Glasto and Bestival but not being able to play Glasto outright to being able to do a headline at Bestival is a stretch. I also think, with Thom playing an afternoon solo set at Latitude a few years back when he could have headlined off his name, they're not an act who will demand a headline slot at festivals so soon after a debut album.

1) I love how you just focus on the 'hipster' bit

2) If anything, not knowing what a hipster is would be a good thing

3) Skrillex is plagued by 'hipsters' (wannabe hipsters if you want) who think they know what dubstep is but don't actually know what dubstep is because he's not dubstep

Anyway, moving on...

Edited by MattDavies__

Elton John...

If he can make it back from Germany for Bestival on the 8th of September, he can make it back from Estonia for Glasto on the 30th of June. Both dates are empty on his calendar. Out of the two festivals, both of which you COULD headline, which would you go for? Rob's also said that the headliner has never played at a UK festival before and I don't know Elton John history but come on, he's done everything. He must have played somewhere at some point in the 70s or 80s.

Aside from that, I just can't see it happening. Having him headline shifts away from the aesthetic of the festival far too much in my eyes. Superficially, how much would having an Elton John cost?