Arctic Monkeys

Guest monkey1989

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite like the new tune despite the shitty video quality. Sounds dark but in the style of R U Mine, riff wise anyway.

The setlist is quite interesting as well. They've dropped a couple of the old regulars and moved back some of the other tracks from their back catelogue; Old Yellow Bricks, Dancing Shoes and Fake Tales of San Francisco.

I think for glasto they'l include when the sun goes/ mardy bum but swap them with songs like evil twin, she's thunderstorms and unfortunately thats where your wrong. With the inclusion of fake tales it seems its gonna be set thats pretty heavy on the earlier stuff.

I'm really liking the new song. Can't wait for the album now.

The setlist looks good. Enough of the old tunes to keep the crowd happy but also enough variety and inclusion of the post humbug stuff for more depth to the setlist.

I really like that setlist, glad they're mixing up the early hits, rather than just doing the same songs every tour. Especially considering they've not got an album to promote yet, it's a good chance for some other less played songs to make an appearance.

I wouldn't take too much from that set list.

They know they have a lot to prove after admitting themselves that their last headline show wasn't great at all.

The best way to have a headline slot to remember is to play all the fans favourites and singalongs. I'd fully expect Mardy Bum, When The Sun Comes Down, Still Take You Home to replace Old Yellow Bricks, That's Where You're Wrong. Pretty Visitors.

I can't see them wanting to promote the new album that much either. They'll just want the chance to show that they're the best band around at the best festival in the world.

Nice to see That's where your wrong get a mention by some folks, one of the more underrated tracks on Suck it and See imo.

Quite like the setlist, giving some different tracks a play (they're bound to get tired playing WTSCD every gig at some point, I know I'd be happy seeing Fake tales put in for a bit over it for a while, it'll be in the Glasto list though), I'd probably expect around the same setlist size, if a few more songs, 2 new songs max.

They opened with a new song when they headlined Leeds, and they never really recovered from that point, lost the crowd. If they've got unfinished business at Glastonbury they really need to come out all guns blazing.

I was actually quite excited by the setlist, good mix for all albums (Especially FWN, they picked the 5 best tracks easily) and brought out Fake Tales, Old Yellow Bricks and Dancing Shoes. The only glaring omission is When The Sun Goes down, and I really doubt they'll do the same at Glastonbury. Add that and A Certain Romance and it's as close to perfect as we can expect.

Those moaning about the omission of WTSGD, it's not a rare thing. Wouldn't worry about it if that's what you want at Glasto though, you'll get it.

Their setlist at Glasto will be different to anything they play from now. It will be a variation but they'll mix it up. They didn't play Certain Romance for a start, and I'd put my bollocks on them closing Glasto with it.

Them bringing back Fake Tales, Dancing Shoes and Old Yellow Bricks has me really excited. Seen them many, many times since 2007 but didn't think I'd see those again.

Those moaning about the omission of WTSGD, it's not a rare thing. Wouldn't worry about it if that's what you want at Glasto though, you'll get it.

Their setlist at Glasto will be different to anything they play from now. It will be a variation but they'll mix it up. They didn't play Certain Romance for a start, and I'd put my bollocks on them closing Glasto with it.

Them bringing back Fake Tales, Dancing Shoes and Old Yellow Bricks has me really excited. Seen them many, many times since 2007 but didn't think I'd see those again.

The song is mediocre IMO. Sounds like album filler (although that may change if we get a studio version). Nothing wrong with it, just nothing special.

The set list is banging though. Ending the main set with That's Where You're Wrong is PERFECT. Hope they go Red Right Hand > Mardy Bum > 505 > A Certain Romance for the encore.