Latitude 2013

Gingerbond

As for some of the nonsense above:

Elbow 1 double platinum album, I platinum, 1 Gold (ie over a Million Sales)

Foals 2 Gold albums (200,000)

P Nutini - 2 Quadruple Platinum albums (2.4 Million plus)

Alt-J - 1 gold (100,000)

So it would be a staggering comedown - let's face it, the suggestions being made would put Latitude a long, long, long way in End of the Road's shadow.

But Ed Sheeran has the sales (5 times Platinum) and is a draw however much forummers might disapprove - and, before you jump all over me......I'm with you.

Bastille are headlining Blissfields - surely Latitude wouldn't be that stupid??!?!??!?!?!?!?!

Of Monsters and Men would probably be really good and have the sound and variety to pull it off.....as a show,........but as a draw, ie to sell tickets - I just can't see it.

Django Django struggled to fill a mid-afternoon set at No Direction Home last year........and are virtually unknown........

what about if it's Alt-J and Foals and Kraftwerk? Is my face safe then? :unsure::lol:

Ha:-)

It does seem like an odd line up if true. I would have thought they could get a better set of headliners given the festivals contact e.t.c. Foals is arguable but they are popular and i think would probably pull it off. Alt-J would be a disaster for the band and festival IMO.

Bastille are headlining Blissfields - surely Latitude wouldn't be that stupid??!?!??!?!?!?!?!

Of Monsters and Men would probably be really good and have the sound and variety to pull it off.....as a show,........but as a draw, ie to sell tickets - I just can't see it.

Django Django struggled to fill a mid-afternoon set at No Direction Home last year........and are virtually unknown........

They'd all be high main stage, but wouldn't headline i'd think

I think thats a great call. Ed Sheeran is a local lad as well so I could see that happening

Also I THINK (can't be bothered to check) he's not been announced for anything yet - so can be a "UK festival exclusive" one-off whilst recording his second album.

Generally, i think a festival has made a wise choice for headliner when there is little relative argument as to wether the band is commerically big enough to headliner.

Alt J headlining for that reason would not be a great headliner.

( Commercailly as objective measure, rather than a subjective one)

That wouldn't be a stupidly new band though. He is definitely big enough to headline latitude.

Yeah but efestivals seems slightly suspicious of what he's been told himself.......

May be something like Wychwood do on the Sunday......

i.e. Ed Sheeran is the big draw, and has the longest set, but isn't on last (a bloke with a guitar wouldn't suit that anyway - and all the kiddies have to go to bed)............then Alt-J go on last for an hour.

Yeah but efestivals seems slightly suspicious of what he's been told himself.......

May be something like Wychwood do on the Sunday......

i.e. Ed Sheeran is the big draw, and has the longest set, but isn't on last (a bloke with a guitar wouldn't suit that anyway - and all the kiddies have to go to bed)............then Alt-J go on last for an hour.

That seems somewhat convuluted. No one with any sense would see Ed as anything other than a headliner over Alt-J, so why bother?

If it's Alt-J and Foals then I want to punch the face of whoever got me excited over the prospect of Kraftwerk and Pet Shop Boys.

The threat is somewhat diminished when you reveal you get excited over the prospect of the Pet Shop Boys at the same time.

Now getting somewhat confident about my Ed Sheeran punt.....

He has a hole in his US tour schedule between Philly on Sat 20th and Foxboro on Friday 26th (both East Coast gigs)......so he could fly back overnight, play Latitude on the Sunday.........grab a few days rest at home....then back to the US.

Could almost have been done deliberately.

Only festival announcement this year I've seen so far with a not shit line-up is End Of The Road. I don't care who this new-band headliner is, as long as Grizzly Bear headline the Word stage and I can watch them instead. Is there any chance of MBV being a Word headliner or are they too big? Seeing as an MBV cover band was one of the Word headliners last year I should imagine so.