Latitude 2013

Gingerbond

Prediction/wishlist

Obelisk Arena

------- Bloc Party ------- Foals -------- Kraftwerk -------

------- Editors ------ Grizzly Bear -- Modest Mouse --

------ Jessie Ware ------ Haim ------ Johnny Marr ----

Word Arena

------ Everything Everything --- My Bloody Valentine -- Alt-J --------------------------------

The Lake Stage

----- The Twilight Sad ----- Bastile----- Imagine Dragons ----

I'd like to think there is a high possibility of either Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds making a return or Grinderman playing? Nick has a very busy schedule this festival season yet the only major gap in his timetable appears to be the Latitude weekend and he is also in Europe around those dates (Slovakia and France)? And referring to earlier comments about the headliners being new bands (apart from Kraftwerk) Grinderman formed 2005/2006 which is later than Bloc Parties formation (2003) + Editors (2002) and around the same time Foals became a band and these appear to be three big rumours...

Edited by Kid_E

Any chance of The Horrors, Dinosaur Jr or Ben Howard playing?

I would like to see Tame Impala, The Jesus and Mary Chain and Fidlar playing too.

Definitely not Dinosaur Jr, uk exclusive for End of the road. Doubt ben howard would, and Horrors only played last year, so doubt they'll do it again

The Horrors play Latitude quite a lot, along with Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zero's.
Crystal Castles, Grizzly Bear and The Cribs would be amazing. It would be fab If I could see My Bloody Valentine again.

I just hope Two door cinema club and Mumford & Sons aren't headlining.

Edited by cigaretteinyourbed

Also Mumford are waaaaaaaaaaaaay too big to headline. Two Door are shite and I hope they're nowhere near. Grizzly Bear, The Cribs and MBV would be fantastic, although Crystal Castles are great, I just do not see them being booked for Latitude, they wouldn't really fit in.

Kraftwerk, Bloc Party, and Foals.

How confident are you? Bloc party and kraftwerk still just r on efestivals, or is that just because you haven't got around to updating? I'm happy with that, despite having tickets to see foals (twice) and bloc party elsewhere this year. VERY excited for kraftwerk too. Add hot chip and YYYs (from the lontitude line-up) and that'll be a top weekend for me.

Can anyone tell me whether Latitude normally sells out, ans if so, how quickly? Not sure how quickly I'll be able to get funds together if I go.

Can anyone tell me whether Latitude normally sells out, ans if so, how quickly? Not sure how quickly I'll be able to get funds together if I go.

Normally sells out a few weeks before the festival

Kraftwerk, Bloc Party, and Foals.

THANK YOU NEIL!

Great set of headliners IMO, always had a soft spot for Bloc Party in particular, really a great band and always loved their live performances, they've been due a headline spot at a biggish fest for years.

Foals have come of age with their new album, I do prefer the Antidotes era, but they're great at what they do and deserve their current success. I've seen them live more than any other band I think, Yanis is an excellent front man, live is where Foals really make their mark. I've yet to see them on an outdoor stage so this is exciting.

Roll on line-up announcement!

Kraftwerk.... well it's Kraftwerk!

foals aren't headlining longitude despite being on that bill so it would surprise me if they headlined latitude. more likely to be 2nd stage headliners or 2nd top main stage surely?

I think the foals swapping places with phoenix (like the strokes/pulp reading and leeds year before last) somebody made here is a good shout. Could see phoenix playing a sunset slot then foals after dark?

I think the foals swapping places with phoenix (like the strokes/pulp reading and leeds year before last) somebody made here is a good shout. Could see phoenix playing a sunset slot then foals after dark?

That was me :P

Yeah, Foals are certainly the more popular of the two in the UK- you can tell just by looking at the slots at R&L, so it makes sense for them to be higher. Of course, Phoenix might not be playing at all, but I expect them to be getting around this summer with the new album & stuff, so it seems likely.