Latitude 2013

Gingerbond

...and a reputation for cancelling at the last minute of course.
All the years ive been watching her shes never cancelled at the last minute.

Or are you on about the polyp that was on her throat which she had surgery for last year?

Edited by thetime

Wild in the city 2008? Did it go ahead?

Nope.....each blaming each other as I recall.........though that hardly covers what happened at big day out.

The point is bookers are nervous of her.......I know that cos I was told by a booker himself.....and as she'd likely be the biggest/most expensive act on a Latitude line-up that nervousness heightens (it's not so bad if she's just one of the acts at a huge festival).

Anyway - it's all down to what Natasha Haddad (new booker) and Melvin Benn think now - not you or I.

I'd be curious to see Bjork live. Usually like a few tracks each time she releases stuff (love Play Dead but guessing she doesn't play that much). And agree musically/visually she'd suit Latitude perfectly......was just trying to give an idea of why it may not have happened.........wasn't putting her down.

The point is bookers are nervous of her.......I know that cos I was told by a booker himself.....and as she'd likely be the biggest/most expensive act on a Latitude line-up that nervousness heightens (it's not so bad if she's just one of the acts at a huge festival).

I can see what your saying I just dont agree with you.

The booker you spoke to might of been nervous, especially if they dont have the facts why she cancelled. Shes had a career spanning over 35 years so shes going to have the odd cancellation, its like saying they wouldnt book bowie because his cancelled on occasions.

I dobt think bookers are nervous though as shes headlined glasto other stage, headlined connect festival and alot of the massive festivals in europe like roskilde, primavera and pukkelpop for example.

Im slightly defensive over bjork lol.

I think I can just about make out the Rolling Stones a bit further down...

I do like these fakes, fair play to whoever made it, they put quite a bit of effort into into designing the template, and putting a very plausible line up in - Editors and Kraftwertk headlining, I can easily see that, and would be great headliners. Yeah yeah yeahs - cant see them headlining though

Tom Smith (lead singer with Editors) was at Latitude on the Saturday last year (with partner Edith Bowman). (Confirmed siting as my son and i had a chat and pictures taken with them). Maybe they were there sounding out for this year? They will have a new album out and are due to tour. (Or maybe they were just there to enjoy the festival as many other celebs were?). Personally i'd love to see them there, along with the fantastic Frank Turner.

I have heard from a 'source' who is usually right with these things, that the mighty Kraftwerk are due to play Sunday. What a booking that would be, always wanted to see them since I was knee hight to a grasshopper. Fingers crossed its true

Is that from the poster floating around couple of weeks ago?

I have heard from a 'source' who is usually right with these things, that the mighty Kraftwerk are due to play Sunday. What a booking that would be, always wanted to see them since I was knee hight to a grasshopper. Fingers crossed its true
efests has been saying they'll probably be doing Latitude for quite a while, and we've not been saying that on the basis of guesswork.