WWE

lharris92

Edge-Orton, Lesnar-Drew builds both have me hooked to be fair, I feel like the Ripley-Charlotte feud needs more Bianca Belair, and the Reigns-Goldberg feud just isn't going to be good (just have a quick match, try to do what Lesnar-Goldberg was a couple of years ago, quick and exciting). Lynch and Baszler is a strange one because I liked Baszler in NXT but I'm worried she's going to become the latest victim of main roster booking..

I don't really follow WWE closely at all, but do they seem to be trying to up their game in light of AEW's relative success? I know they've stacked NXT recently with some big main roster names, but has it forced any real change of pace/booking? 

Will be very interesting to see how it plays out long term. AEW have really managed to iron out their issues and it seems they have the long term backing of a major TV network as well as very stable management with extremely deep pockets. 

7 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Empty arena Wrestlemania at the performance center, wow.

That really defeats the point of ‘mania though, I can understand that you can’t reschedule it as there’s storylines involved for multiple weekly shows but half the fun is the crowd and the over the top entrances. It’s shit for all of the Indy wrestling shows that put on side events at ‘mania weekend.

i hope since it’s just an empty arena they aren’t going to do a half a day show, they are too long as it is and it will just highlight how awkward the situation is.

Edited by jump

1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

These shows in the performance centre have been horrible to watch. I wonder if they’ll do “live” or pre-record and stitch stuff together?

Gutted for Drew, looking like he’s winning the title in front of nobody.

Hopefully he'll be squashed in 2 minutes. The ultimate "you deserve it" guy.

31 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Hopefully he'll be squashed in 2 minutes. The ultimate "you deserve it" guy.

I really like him. Since turning face you’ve been able to see more of his actual personality come through which has been great. Should maybe have been done a bit earlier but still. 

After his match with Rowan last week (more the actions around Rowan’s “pet”) I can’t see anything other than him getting involved in the match at Mania.

9 hours ago, jump said:

That really defeats the point of ‘mania though, I can understand that you can’t reschedule it as there’s storylines involved for multiple weekly shows but half the fun is the crowd and the over the top entrances. It’s shit for all of the Indy wrestling shows that put on side events at ‘mania weekend.

i hope since it’s just an empty arena they aren’t going to do a half a day show, they are too long as it is and it will just highlight how awkward the situation is.

forever known as the empty mania, going to be so weird. So glad I didn't end up getting tickets now.

I think it is a terrible idea. It won’t be Mania. You need a crowd. I wonder if they can fill the PC with their own talent and staff? But then again, that’s a gathering.

Edge making his big return after 9 years away to absolutely zero crowd reaction. It’s just a poor idea to me. Postpone it until later this year. 

Edited by Andre91

As a guess because they weren’t explicitly told to cancel  ‘mania by the government if they were to break any contracts related to it they would be held liable for damages so if they do it elsewhere they can meet their obligations and then make a proper ‘mania latter.

i found it odd on Raw that they could of wasted a few mins on The Undertakers entrance which doesn’t really depend on the audience but he just charged down to the ring whilst half the show was a replay of the Royal Rumble.

Edited by jump

Suppose they're damned if they do, damned if they don't. They can't just press pause on every storyline for 3 months but then the payoff to them is meant to be the pinnacle of the year. 

Unless there is some bananas tech they can pull off, I dunno, live streaming an audience in from home via green screen or something.

Anyone see this week's Dynamite? Gutted the Brodie Lee/Matt Hardy debuts couldn't get the huge pop they would have done. Otherwise I thought it was a nigh on perfect episode given the circumstances. Having the full setup including pyro etc worked, especially having the hard cam facing the entrance/ramp rather than empty seats. Having the remaining roster as the audience provided a touch of atmosphere at least and made for some good spots too.

If they can carry on in the same vein then it could be huge for them. Obviously that depends entirely on circumstances out of their hands, but if WWE are gonna run shows that are basically vignettes and 1/2 matches then AEW could attract some brand new fans simply by running a 'normal' show albeit with no real audience.

9 hours ago, kingbadger said:

Anyone see this week's Dynamite? Gutted the Brodie Lee/Matt Hardy debuts couldn't get the huge pop they would have done. Otherwise I thought it was a nigh on perfect episode given the circumstances. Having the full setup including pyro etc worked, especially having the hard cam facing the entrance/ramp rather than empty seats. Having the remaining roster as the audience provided a touch of atmosphere at least and made for some good spots too.

If they can carry on in the same vein then it could be huge for them. Obviously that depends entirely on circumstances out of their hands, but if WWE are gonna run shows that are basically vignettes and 1/2 matches then AEW could attract some brand new fans simply by running a 'normal' show albeit with no real audience.

I saw the Matt Hardy clip and felt gutted there was no pop

On 3/20/2020 at 2:09 PM, kingbadger said:

On 3/20/2020 at 11:35 PM, WS_Jack_III said:

I saw the Matt Hardy clip and felt gutted there was no pop

I've been meaning to get into AEW for a while now. One of my mates keeps telling me how good they are. Where/how can we watch it in the UK? Is it available on catch up?

‘mania in a few days...it’s probably the least hyped I’ve ever felt for it. I am hoping with Reigns out his replacement against Goldberg is gonna be something unique, like pushing someone like Big E or Braun rather than having him home squash a mid-carder.

The women’s tag match (Asuka has been great recently), Sami vs Bryan and Edge vs Orton should be good and depending on what a Firefly Funhouse actually is Cena vs Bray might be a laugh. 

Edited by jump

Yeah, the lack of a crowd hurts. They should look back at the attitude era when loads of the fights were backstage, in parking lots etc and do more backstages interviews. Although I do find Niki Cross funny as she keeps playing to the crowd who aren’t there.

Pink Triangle should be happy there’s no crowd chanting at the moment though.