Films

Rufus Gwertigan

Watched Anchorman 2. Theres a few great laughs in the first 45 mins or so and then it turns into the worst movie ever made.

agreed, loved the beginning. Brick was brilliant but then it went very very shit indeed. the inevitable scene was utter crap.

Saw The Winter Soilder in IMAX ....it's bloody excellent, bit of a slow start before you get into it but utterly brilliant by the end. If your into the MCU movies or still watching Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D its a must see!

Hail Hydra! :D

Think it could have done with slightly less double crossing/Nick Fury being killed at first (you just knew he had something!) may have put more space on the opening parts of it.

Arnim Zola's "return" was awesome, so glad they didn't even hint at that in the trailers!

I watched a movie called Magic Magic about a woman who's an insomniac who goes on holiday and can't tell the difference between dream and reality. This is definitely one in the "stays with you" category with two brutally disturbed performances, one of them surprisingly from Michael Cera, and the other from Juno Temple. Some incredible tension and it's also a masterclass in building from one scene to the next until an absolutely horrifying climax.

Just watched Serenity on Netflix. Bloody brilliant Sci-Fi movie.

Been meaning to see this for a while, big fan of Whedon. i'll have to catch it in the near future.

As an off topic question, would you recommend netflix? Been wondering whether to get it for ages...

Been meaning to see this for a while, big fan of Whedon. i'll have to catch it in the near future.

As an off topic question, would you recommend netflix? Been wondering whether to get it for ages...

Yeah. So far I've watched 3 seasons of 24, Breaking Bad, Firefly and Serenity, Arrested Development, 2 seaons of Castle and loads of films and comedies. That's at a cost of £30.

£6 a month is nothing really.

Edited by III

Cpt. America: Winter Soldier - 8/10

Divergent - 5/10

So yeah, had a cinema double. Think Winter Soldier is FAR superior to the first Captain America movie, and it has a fun plot full of intrigue, conspiracy and cracking action. Divergent... I'm not sure. I want to see where it goes from here though.

Cpt. America: Winter Soldier - 8/10

Divergent - 5/10

So yeah, had a cinema double. Think Winter Soldier is FAR superior to the first Captain America movie, and it has a fun plot full of intrigue, conspiracy and cracking action. Divergent... I'm not sure. I want to see where it goes from here though.

Might go and watch Winter Soldier this week. Wonder when they will finally slip up and make a bad film.

I thought Iron Man 2 was pretty dull. Definitely a step below everything, apart from the first Captain America of course.

Yeah but it wasn't terrible. I like them all really. Enjoyed what I saw of the TV show too but I only caught the first 5 eps. Apparently it got really good.

Thor 2 was awful and i enjoyed the first one.

I Did like Winter Soldier.I was a bit worried when I read it had gone all 'political' but it was still fun and didn't take itself too seriously.

Got to thinking though, with all that's happened in the last few years, for the average person living in the Marvel world it must be pretty much constantly terrifying, bewildering, not to mention exhausting. If they haven't already, I reckon something focusing on that could be a fun web spin off or something

Watched Nebraska the other day, took a while to get into but after the first 20 or so minutes the film really took off. The mother stole the show in the 2nd half of the movie, hilarious. Probably my 3rd favourite film from last year. 8/10

Edited by Jackmypie

Totally agree with Tom, really enjoyed Thor 2.

I feel like I'm the only person that liked the first Captain America movie!! I thought it was brilliant! The worst Marvel outing for me was Iron Man 2.

The 1st Cap flick was ok imo but I got annoyed with the weak CGI, montages, crap end of movie battle and it seems like a waste to not have him fight Nazis. I agree Iron Man 2 is the weakest, it just seemed like they were trying to cram in stuff for the rest of Marvel world.

Does anyone know the difference between the theatrical and unrated versions of Anchorman 2? I couldn't find much info on google but apparently theatrical is completely different to the unrated version. A lot of people seem to think theatrical is the better version too.

Also I think I may give this film a watch when it comes out, it's getting a shit load of praise. 8.9 on IMDB too.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2265171/

Edited by Jackmypie

Does anyone know the difference between the theatrical and unrated versions of Anchorman 2? I couldn't find much info on google but apparently theatrical is completely different to the unrated version. A lot of people seem to think theatrical is the better version too.

Also I think I may give this film a watch when it comes out, it's getting a shit load of praise. 8.9 on IMDB too.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2265171/

The first one was great. I saw the advert for the new one on the telly the other night and just thought it was probably a cash-in. If its getting good reviews I may have to give it a look!

Weird, had a copy of that film for ages and quite enjoyed it, myself. But then I have quite happily sat through many depictions of mars missions in films and this was a good one, as for the plot and execution, I quite liked that as well. Each to their own. Personally it is a film I'd recommend to likeminded friends.