NEXT GEN CONSOLES

The Nal

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse me if this has already been asked (or just generally been disagreed with doing) but is there a way Neil can change the name of this thread? Just something general like "The Gaming Thread" if everyone agrees to one?

I agree with you, it bugs the hell out of me. Technically we're all off topic as we should be discussing PS5 and Xbox*insert random number*

I agree with you, it bugs the hell out of me. Technically we're all off topic as we should be discussing PS5 and Xbox*insert random number*

It doesnt bother me, but Neil will say that he can change the title at the request of the thread starter, who was "the nal" who is a thoroughly decent chap - so I doubt it will be a problem!

Name change is good with me! It does bug me a little to!

Still think we should have The Next Next Gen consoles =p

Xbox 360 Free this month... double the amount of games.

till the 15th, Terria & Gears of War Judgement

16th onwards, Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag and Army of Two Devil's Cartel

That's a lot of game right there.

Oh those are not bad at all to add to the library!

Mind I haven't really made a start into Tomb Raider or Bioshock (well I done the first mission on Tomb Raider...was a bit wierd I thought! Not sure what I was expecting!)

I despised Tomb Raider, I do not understand why it reviewed so well. I also don't understand why I put myself through the entire game, I think I may have been thinking "it'll get better I'm sure".

Uncharted is better in every single possible way.

it's one of the few games where the user ratings at Metacritic are about the same as critics (user ratings average around 10% lower than critical scores). The user ratings hold up for the PS3 version as well as the Xbox (you might expect more PS3 users to be of the "play Uncharted instead" mindset) but actually a lot of reviews compare it favourable to UC.

It has a wide range of marks, though... lots of 10/10 and lots of 0/10, so somewhat "Marmite".

I despised Tomb Raider, I do not understand why it reviewed so well. I also don't understand why I put myself through the entire game, I think I may have been thinking "it'll get better I'm sure".

Uncharted is better in every single possible way.

i said the exact same thing.

I was quite excited when it went free, as like you said the reviews seemed great.

The bit I've done so far, just didn't feel exciting, kept going to random cut scenes and was just very meh. (And the story so far has all been a bit shit and I don't really have a clue whats going on.)

• 8 years later...

Yeah the last post from the Jackson appears to be the new/old thread that goes to a dead link. I think this was the one before as a new thread was created with each generation of consoles like the football season thread.

• 4 weeks later...

A part of me is interested by getting a PS5, if only because Insomniac's Spiderman for PS4 was exceptional, the sequel looks great from watching Let's Plays and that's a 5 exclusive. But I'm not sure what else there is out there right now. Anything I'm missing out on by not having it?