NEXT GEN CONSOLES

The Nal

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't play Dark Souls, but I did Demon Souls, Im gunna get Bloodborne when that is released at end of the month.

Some tasty games out on ps4 already this year with Dying Light and The Order.

The Order can fuck off, on the plus side it's not broken/over-hyped like most standard AAA are now but it's still a short pretty interactive movie.

Got Exo Zombies, it's okay, surprised there is only one map.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 arrived and having played 15 mins of it i can say that the controls are much improved.

Gonna give Dying Light a go later.

Maybe I am remembering it wrong but aren't the controls of Super Mario Galaxy 2 exactly the same as the first one?

Played a bit of Counter Spy, meh, its ok, but doubt Ill play it again

tried Olli Olli 2, urgh, the controls are too much to remember, im sure if you want to put the practice in its a very rewarding experience, but I just cannot be arsed these days.

So 2 plus games played and they're a pass from me.

BUT.

I returned to Mercenary Kings yesterday for the first time in ages, really enjoyed it, played for about hour and half.

But I remembered why I stopped playing again, the boss fights, so tedious. A small area you can stand in, they always run into you, you can't move out the way, 3 hits and you're dead, that and halfway through a fight the boss walks off and you have to go to another location on the map to find it again, and theres a short time limit. Annoying.

Played a little bit of Dying Light and so far so good. Because it's a Parkor game the controls are slightly weird. R1 for jumping instead of X or Triangle. Long time since i played it but i think Mirror's Edge was the same set up.

You can swap some of the controls around but it only seems to swap what your triggers do.

Anyway, it's scary as f*ck when you get to night time. I went into this building and by the time i crawled back out of it Darkness had fallen. So just imagine how much i jumped when i got out of the crawl space to find a dead one stood next to me.

Jolly good stuff.

Meaning to check out Dying Light, will purchase it over Easter I think.

Loved OllieOllie 2 so far, get what you mean about the controls Luckysalt but I've really got into it and it's immensely satisfying when you combo an entire level. Skating games need to make a comeback.

Apparently its about the making of it, rather than you know killing hookers with dildos.

Makes sense as it was announced with Make It Digital crap

Unless it's about computer nerds killing hookers as research for the game, think Big Bang Theory meets Dexter.