Bestival 2013

Guest zahidf

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe that QOTSA and SEJ are being mentioned. RDB likes Bestival to be a mini Glastonbury having read past interviews, and does a very good ( slightly polarised if not sterile ) job of it. QOTSA headlining the other stage in 2011 fits very well with everything "RDB". Now the name has been mentioned it's like it was an obvious booking. Imagine SEJ closing the sunday. QOTSA Saturday and one of either GaGa or Rhianna Friday night. I think that covers all bases from a Bestival point of view and are three headliners that most festivals would kill for. Honestly, would these set of headliners put any seasoned Bestival goers off? and would it attract the crowd RDB is looking for?

I like seeing the occasional pop act at Besti, but Rihanna's far too mainstream these days. Lady Gaga would be a good fit but Rob's said she's unaffordable. I can sort of see Elton John as a headliner given that Stevie Wonder went down so well this year, but neither of those legends is my cup of tea. Queens of the Stone Age are probably just the right side of the metal/alternative divide to work at Bestival, and if they attract a few hundred more black-clad genre devotees than the festival is used to, well it didn't do any damage when The Cure headlined.

I'd take Editors - would be a great opportunity for them to prove to the UK that they're headline worthy :D

Black Keys would be a good shout, awesome at Reading this year - QOTSA would be another big hitter :)

Elton John would also be another good headliner - not my cup of tea now but as long as there's some sort of alternative elsewhere then it's fine with me :)