• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• pink_triangle

• thetime

• strummer77

Been skating on thin ice since the humiliating 4-6-0 formation.Most Scots don't want him and never have.I will admit there's not many viable options out there but I don't want him.I'd love to see Lambert have a shot.I think Coyle might be in with a chance aswell.

looks like the choices are gonna be free to take over too. :P

There's shit loads of Scottish managers in English football, and you've managed to mention the just-sacked and the about-to-be-sacked. :lol:

Edited by eFestivals

I've just looked and they had W4, D3, L3 in their Euro qualifiers. So unless they've played shedloads of pointless friendlies and all of those losses were right at the start, then they haven't gone that long unbeaten.

Either way, the team they've had for the past 2 years should have been good enough to reach the playoffs over Turkey.

I've just looked and they had W4, D3, L3 in their Euro qualifiers. So unless they've played shedloads of pointless friendlies and all of those losses were right at the start, then they haven't gone that long unbeaten.

If those losses were at the start of the campaign(?), then I reckon there'd be more than enough time for other fixtures to make it up to the 16 I said (but I'll repeat, I've not checked it, it's what I believe I heard [and it's possible I misheard] on TV this morning).

They'll have had 3 fixtures this season.

They'll have prolly had 2 (and perhaps 3) friendlies just before the Euros.

They'll have prolly had 4 (and perhaps 6) friendlies in the year before that (may 11 to Apr 12).

And they could have lost those games just before then.

Either way, the team they've had for the past 2 years should have been good enough to reach the playoffs over Turkey.

it'd depend on which players might have been out. They've got some big names, but here's betting the squad quality isn't great overall.

If those losses were at the start of the campaign(?), then I reckon there'd be more than enough time for other fixtures to make it up to the 16 I said (but I'll repeat, I've not checked it, it's what I believe I heard [and it's possible I misheard] on TV this morning).

They'll have had 3 fixtures this season.

They'll have prolly had 2 (and perhaps 3) friendlies just before the Euros.

They'll have prolly had 4 (and perhaps 6) friendlies in the year before that (may 11 to Apr 12).

And they could have lost those games just before then.

it'd depend on which players might have been out. They've got some big names, but here's betting the squad quality isn't great overall.

Massimo Taibi for Utd, he was great wasn't he!

if you're gonna talk Utd goalkeepers as bad buys, there's a massively long list of them thru Fergie's time (with one very obvious exception).

Even the most rabid Utd fan should be able to admit that Fergie has been dreadful with goalies over the years(but they won't be able to say that without a mention of the big man, that's guaranteed :P).

I think I mentioned 8-9 big names balanced across the squad. I'm still not convinced by Mignolet and Mirallas who I didn't mention but are both playing in the Prem as well. And I reckon that any of the ones I mentioned would get into the England 1st 11.

yeah, but if one or more of those big names is out, what is the quality of the player who comes in?

That's more what I was meaning. England has lots of big names, but quite often they're absent and replaced by far less impressive players.

if you're gonna talk Utd goalkeepers as bad buys, there's a massively long list of them thru Fergie's time (with one very obvious exception).

Even the most rabid Utd fan should be able to admit that Fergie has been dreadful with goalies over the years(but they won't be able to say that without a mention of the big man, that's guaranteed tongue.png).

Even the most rabid Utd fan should be able to admit that Fergie has been dreadful with goalies over the years(but they won't be able to say that without a mention of the big man, that's guaranteed tongue.png).

Pretty bad record with central mids as well, Veron, Djemba Djemba, Kleberson, converting Alan Smith. The continued reliance on Scholes and lately Giggs to operate there is pretty telling.

that's nothing on the goalies list, I promise you. I remember looking it up the best part of ten years ago now, and I couldn't believe how many he'd bought.