Radio 1 Tent Announcement BBC

Guest Dukeeyyy

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very pleased with that, especially The Hives, Django Django and Friends. There's a few others I'll have to listen to, but overall, sort of makes up for the lacklustre areas of the main stage.

Only worry is how, or indeed, if, they'll get Jack White. I'd like to think FR headliner.

Holy crap!!! That friday looks not bad at all now, Hives Graham Coxon and Spector :D and passion pit!!! ...(Though the reason i only going go friday was my mate and she wants to angels and airwvaes and YM@6 which is annoying, fear this might be an argument :P)

Santigold, Joy Formidable and Django Django are great bookings to from the rest of the weekend!

The hives, mastodon, the joy formidable, twin Atlantic, graham coxon all add up to a quality announcement. Quite a bit strength through the lineup now. Some great runs in the tent. Billy talent - mastodon - the cribs - at the drive in is just unreal. Pure love - twin Atlantic is a good way to start a day too.

Once again some band look out of position, which makes parts of the lineup seem strong and some of the acts near the top make it look quite weak.

I didnt even realise there was an annnouncement until just now, the sight of mastodon into cribs into at the drive in made me scream like a god of metal, so fuckin happy with that!

Wow, that's pretty impressive. Graham Coxon, The Hives and Mastadon are great bookings but The Joy Formidable and Mark Lanegan on the Sunday are fantastic. I too am glad Mark Lanegan isn't headlining the FR and clashing with Foos and I was convinced that The Joy Formidable would take a year off this year.

It's pretty much dead set that this is a proper announcement... But it's worrying me that it's not been updated on the official Leeds site, EFestivals haven't updated the line up page, and even NME (The official magazine of R&L) haven't even said anything?

How gutting if it's all bullshit!!! Hahaaaa

It won't be bullshit, not being announced by Zane Lowe and on the BBC site. efests don't update overnight so I'm sure it will be updated when someone gets into the office, likewise with the official site and NME (who don't tend to release new stories overnight). It's more likely that there wasn't enough time to inform everyone that there was going to be an announcement, for whatever reason.

That is a decent announcement, the organisers have pulled it out of the bag. I was going to be on main saturday and sunday anyway but was worried about what I would do on the friday but this NME tent looks great! Hives, Graham Coxon, sorted!!