Brand New

Foals

Biffy Clyro

NIN

Fall Out Boy

Editors

While She Sleeps

Twin Atlantic

Also wouldn't mind checking out Frank Turner, New Found Glory, White Lies, Imagine Dragons, The Blackout.

People i want to see:

Editors

The Strypes

Johnny Marr

Disclosure

Alt-J/Eminem idk which D:

Imagine Dragons

Bastille

Peace

Tame Impala

Foals

People i wouldn't mind seeing:

Green Day

SOAD

Palma Violets

Baauer

Swim Deep

Jake Bugg

A$AP Rocky

Biffy

Phoenix

White Lies

City and Colour

So 8 i'd like to see and 11 I wouldn't mind. I'm going to buy a ticket.

So far, definitely want to see:

Green Day

Eminem

Biffy

SOAD

Chase & Status

NIN

Foals

FOB

Frank Turner

BMTH

Editors

Hadouken

Johnny Marr

That's I think with zero clashes as only Johnny Marr isn't on the main stage

Wouldn't mind seeing

Deftones/Major Lazer

Brand New

Twin Atlantic

City and Colour

Baauer

Modestep

That's at least 13 acts I'd definitely see, and another 7 I'd definitely contemplate seeing

Had my ticket since December, knew it would pay off :P

The NME stage is doing my head in too. How on earth is Azealia Banks second from top!. She’s more famous for her media profile (usually slagging off other people) than any actual physical output. In contrast to those at the top of the NME before her, she isn’t in their league.

Is the NME being watered down to pay for the expansion?, if this is the quality of the NME – what in fucks name are they going to put on the Festival Republic stage?.

Whilst the NIN booking is probably one of the highlights of an overall weak announcement, is anybody else a little bit sceptical about the timing. Why have a big worldwide ‘wave goodbye tour’ and then come back barely 4 years later?. What a complete bunch of cock. It’s no fault of Readings (although they could have laughed at the suggestion that they return) more of a reflection of NIN’s.

Overall, whilst I appreciate the new direction. The new booker hasn’t quite won me over yet.

Seems about right. I'm still in shock ASAP and Azealia are subbing, I mean Azealia doesn't even have an album, and ASAP's debut was reasonably successful, but it's not on the level of Foster The People and Two Door Cinema Club's success last year. I can see someone slotting in above them. I think they just released the names that are hyping at the moment, like Disclosure with White Noise etc., in fear of hype dropping later

Seems to me it's trying to appeal to too many audiences. There's a significant amount of dance, rap, metal and indie on the line up, it's like it's trying to do too loads of jobs and not doing any of them particularly well. Every genre is either over or under represented and I think they're in danger of alienating their usual audience. It's like trying to be Download and Wireless at the same time while still trying to get people from Latitude, except basically getting all the reject bands from the other 3, with a couple of exceptions. The only festival that manages to appeal to everyone is Glastonbury, because of it's sheer size and reputation

Edited by dancelittleliar

Azealia does have an album coming out, and R&L may be relying on that to boost her up to "sub status", which I think it might, if 212 is anything to go by.

A$AP though, no idea what he's doing there, maybe they will get moved down, maybe they won't. Either way I'll be too busy with the top 6 on main stage to worry about who's subbing NME :P