2013 Lineup

Guest Dukeeyyy

Really don't see how Foos are bigger than Eminem... he sells alot more albums and is as big a live draw. Maybe he doesnt suit Reading as much but he is more likely to drag in people who normally dont come to Reading. Where as Foos are almost like Muse in that they just really fit the standard crowd Reading gets.

• Replies 28.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thetime

• mrtourette

• Mouseboy11

• the wonderwhy

This was after that quote, after their London gig on Friday. Apparently they said at the same time that they won't be doing Glasto either but would be getting announced for some smaller festivals soon. Find the no-Glasto thing hard to believe but then they did just get announced for Standon Calling and and Boardmasters so maybe there is some truth in it.

I don't remember Eminem not being able to sell out a UK date either :s and his last couple albums certainly sold a lot more in the UK (and worldwide for that matter) than Wasting Light. PS I prefer Foos but I really believe Eminem is and always has been the bigger act. Everyone knows who Eminem is. Most people seem to know who Foos are and yet still some of my mates have to ask a few questions till they work out who they are.

and you say this like this is brand new information... Of course the bigger artists have better PR teams. This is largely because they have been succesful and can afford better PR teams/get on bigger labels. Money generally gets spent on artists when they know they can make a return on that money. It's what we like to call the music business. It's like Eminem apparently got £2 million for headlining V. I'm not sure this is true but if he did this is because the V organisers thought he would get them a return on their money. I very much doubt Foos would get that sort of fee for a fest.

Would say nowadays they are. Pretty certain they have sold more albums and it seems alot of the reason that The Cure still headline fests and stuff is how rare they tour where as Green Day consistently do Stadiums and headline Festivals. Yeah they take off a few years between tours but nothing like The Cure.

I'd say green day and foos share being international legends, kasabian and biffy share being the future of great uk music, and the cure and eminem share being the curveball with a dedicated fan base. Who gives a shit about actual sizes? Better then 2010 with an arcade fire set which didn't really propel them to stardom, blink 182s ear killing set and not even great amount of nostalgic tunes, and guns and pretend roses turning up late and screaming once everything was shut off.