Year off

Guest denwyn

So its a year off from Glastonbury for everyone, no doubt it will be missed by some, i will miss some parts of it but last year was a disaster for me and i have decided it was to be my last, illness, mud and my age tell me its time to quit now. I won't give up on festivals though and am looking to smaller events, biggest worry is how many will survive this troubled financial year, i can forsee many going under, and not only the small ones. Think i may wait till last day before i buy any tickets, i think Eavis may also be slightly worried with the financial side of things, even Glastonbury is not safe. i can see lots of things being changed at all of the remaining festivals, including huge hikes in ticket prices.

So its a year off from Glastonbury for everyone, no doubt it will be missed by some, i will miss some parts of it but last year was a disaster for me and i have decided it was to be my last, illness, mud and my age tell me its time to quit now. I won't give up on festivals though and am looking to smaller events, biggest worry is how many will survive this troubled financial year, i can forsee many going under, and not only the small ones. Think i may wait till last day before i buy any tickets, i think Eavis may also be slightly worried with the financial side of things, even Glastonbury is not safe. i can see lots of things being changed at all of the remaining festivals, including huge hikes in ticket prices.

Nothing lasts forever. But the last couple of years Glasto is popuplar as its ever been, their no long basing the festival on selling out tickets either so I'd say Glastonbury is on sound financial footing unless a disaster strikes.

As for others, lets wait and see how the bubble bursts on festivals atm.

As long as the price doesn't get ridiculous I'd still pay it. The question is what is the top limit of what people would pay? If it's between £200 and £230 I would still say I'm getting my money's worth, over that and I think people would really start to think about not going.

I'd imagine its possible that they invest the money made through the initial deposits and final sales, unles there is some consumer protection legislation preventing them from doing so . . .

Anyway, although Glasto did struggle in 2008 to sell all tickets before the festival, they are far better positioned to sell out each year than the smaller operators. At the end of the day Glasto gets the biggest bands, has the biggest site, the most attractions, has a very fondly established cultural history and tradition and has a comparatively large publicity engine behind it.

I kinda agree with the age thing. I am 50 this year, i would have loved to have celebrated it at Glasto this year but not to be. I have been the last three years and with defo but up for it in 2013. The fact my niece is coming to that age and is begging her dad to let her come with us next time makes me want to go even more. If we all get tickets, heres praying, then there will be a wide age range of the family coming. Myself being the oldest, my brother who is 6 years younger, and his two kids.Not to mention friends which will make our group up to about 12/13. This makes me want to go even more. I reckon the time when they all loose the bug to go will be the time i may think twice about it. I also think that price will also have a determining factor on it. My brother is going to have to find £210? x 3 poeple + spending ( our wives don't go :D ), although his son is earning i can see him having trouble.