Congratulations Neil

Guest Paul ™

As of today, I am no longer the highest overall poster on eFestivals :clapping:

I title I have held for a few years now.. now belongs back with the boss :party:

And may I take this opportunity to wish Neil, Scott and the rest of the eFestivals team a very merry festive season and look forward to catching up with you guys, and all the rest of my festival friends in a field in 2012

Merry Christmas

x

you might have spoken too soon :P

I've just purged some stuff today but as yet I've not rebuilt the post count, because there's an error/bug with the purge which means that the starting posts for topics have been deleted but not the posts related to that topic. So when I get that issue sorted out and rebuild the post count you might find you're top again.

Anyway, a happy xmas back, and I hope that 2012 brings you all you're wanting. :)

I've never met any of the efestivals people and I don't really intend on doing so, and to be honest some of you bug the hell out of me, but you also can brighten my days and make them less dull than they would be otherwise. So Happy christmas to you all, and here's to 2012

wine.jpg

Is there somewhere that explains how all these revisions work?

I purge the forum databases now and then of the older posts because the bigger the databases the more load there is on the servers. It's not a problem for normal usage but at the busiest times it makes a significant difference to how many users the system can support before it's over-loaded.

In the past I've purged every forum, but since a major reconfiguration of the system & servers about 18 months ago it's able to support more users much better than it could, so purging has become a little less necessary. As a result I've only purged the discussions forum this time.

Having done the purge, I've then done a re-count of user posts - which means that a user's post count is now only counting their posts which exist on the forums, and not including the purged (deleted) posts.