Darren Callingham Woods, Darren Minnall, Darren Luckhurst...

Becky63

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone give a brief summary of what this bloke did?

told people he could get them tickets for various festivals or gigs, took their money for it, and then didn't supply the tickets.

I believe it's the case that any efesters he took money from did eventually get it back, tho perhaps i'm wrong about that. It was a while back now that it happened and the details are a bit hazy to me thru poor memory, plus those who chose to tell me stuff were, I think, not perhaps telling me everything (thru embarrassment at getting scammed, I think).

I have to back up the comments about reporting scams to the police, it is embarrassing and all that, true, but it happened to me some months ago, and they actually caught the guy. I can't talk about the detail because the legal case isn't over yet, but I was told he's conned more than 40 others (and that's just the people who reported it), and the sheer amount of info they got that way probably made it possible to nail him in the end. He was very convincing, unscrupulous, and would have gone on to cause a lot more grief.

Not the Darren mentioned in this thread, btw.

Edited by midnight

FYI Googling " darren callingham ticket", still pulls up another efests thread.

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/186052-ticket-tout-darren-callingham-woods/

Hopefully people will stumble on that thread in the future. This bloke seems like a complete helmet.

Upvoted for the sentiment, but you may just have pointed it out to him.

He then seemed to think nothing of turning up at festivals expecting to be treated as part if the gang again.

Yes, I heard that. Pretty galling really. I'm surprised nobody lamped him. Then again, I'm not surprised as most people who go to festivals are decent people. Which is what makes them so nice to go to.

This thread acts as a reminder that the "right to be forgotten" is basically being used to hide criminal and immoral actions by the kind of people we should be protected from. I was impressed that the BBC compiled a link page to all the stories they hold that were removed from google search, in order to get around the situation. Would making a new thread here on the subject have the same effect?

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like he could be up to something again. He's popped up on the Carter USM Facebook page asking for money towards a banner in memory of Jon "Fat" Beast

I can't find it, has it been deleted? Hopefully so, but not without a warning to others I'd hope

Darren Callingham-Woods is my actual name :pogranichnik:

I laid low in 2012 due to all the allegations late 2011, I was in a bad place, in a lot of debt and I took advantage of people, I have now paid everyone back

So in 2013 I'm looking to make up for lost time, I have a glastonbury ticket already and I'm hoping I can be accepted back into our little group

I promise not to stare at anyones tits LOL

Your actual name is Darren Minall, and you are still trying to con people out of money. This time you are urinating on the memory of Jon Fat Beast by trying to con money out of his friends in order to create a banner. Please go away you filthy little conman

Edited by USMer

• 3 weeks later...

when the people who he's ripped off haven't been bothered enough to pursue him for prosecution as far as I'm aware, I'm not going to be going the extra mile that the people affected haven't.

As far as I am aware no one has either chased it through the Bill or County Courts. This turned up on my FB a while back and I was amazed people falling for the con. I can understand falling into it through a long term association with a forum group but outside of that do people not check someone out?

I am not victim blaming but the guy sees a weakness somewhere with folk. It would be interesting to know that so others may be on their toes in future.