Bearded Theory 2012

Guest Rich BT

Oh dear, I'm really sorry to hear about the robberies - having been robbed at both Beautiful Days and Wychwood in the past, I can definitely sympathise - it can put a real damper on the whole weekend :(

Fortunately, the only real downside for us (apart from the levs having to cancel) was the van being parked what felt like about a mile from the arena. Otherwise, we had a really good time catching up with old friends and meeting new ones.

It was good to see that the surprise for disappointed Levellers fans actually materialised and was well advertised without taking out the element of surprise (just a shame that not all of the people that wanted to be there could fit into the tent! :( ).

Was dead chuffed with the Damned for putting on the show that I was expecting but didn't get when I last saw them some years ago - thank you, guys - all is forgiven now! :D

Other musical highlights for us were Wheatus (worth getting up for!) and RDF.

Unfortunately, we missed Australasia/Dreadzone due to going back to the van for a nap and not waking up until 10.50!!!! :(

I think both the Water's Edge stage and the Tornado Town tent could have both done with being a bit bigger at times, and does anyone know what really happened to Adam Ant - what we experienced, having got to the main stage late, was three songs and then a sudden silence ...... - is it really true about the sofa? ;)

Will more than likely be back next year. Went to check out Early Bird tickets but they seem to have sold out already!

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we had a blinder - sorry to hear about the thefts - it is an unfortunate part of every festival now, but great to hear about wallets being handed in with nothing taken. A friend of ours's girlfriend lost her coat and were able to retrace their steps back to the dance tent where it was folded up on a barrier - complete with phone, cash and purse.

Tornado Town all went smoothly- crew, punters and organisers all really easy and great to work with. Thanks to everyone who came along to the festival, danced away in TT and all the lovely comments people made on site.... and yes we will have more rockabilly back next year :)

I was quite critical of BT last year, mainly in the areas of camping, security, bar and dance tent. I have to say that the organisers put all those issues right and it was a superb festival.

Going down the list

Camping, plenty of room this year for campers, loos were kept clean all w/end, full marks

Security, very relaxed, green stewards did a good job. I don't think too many posts have talked about security, which is indicative it was right. Relaxed security just gives a better feel to the whole week end

Bars, both bars were excellent.. Bar staff were friendlt, service was excellent. The beers on offer tasted great, especially the Bearded Theory beer. Also, they never run out of beer. Full marks to Thornbridge and can we have them again next year please?

Dance tent. The dance test looked stunning, especially at night when it came alive with the lights, lasers and decor. Sound was excellent. The line up in the tent was also brilliant, a lot of places give bands a one hour slot, I loved the Saturday night when we were treated to two great 90 minute sets from Zubzub and System7, both were superb.

Hats off to the organisers here, who must have worked their socks off to put on this festival and get all the important things right. The line up was also very strong this year. Definitely coming back for our 5th BT next year, cheers guys.

The Thornbridge bars were great, well staffed and excellent beer. the Bearded Theory brew is available in Thornbridge pubs and restaurants as Rabbit,I was informed. I had previously tried Rabbit at Relish cafe in Sheffield. Only improvement to be made is that the beer was a bit too cold, and as it was not chilled was probably

because of the air temperature, or lack of it.

Fudge stall was good too. Took some home and realised I should have bought at least double the amount.

Ate twice at Ghandi's Flip Flop. George's curry was so moreish. On the last night I had 2 teas because I wanted to try 2 stalls.

Missing the festival and my campsite friends now, sat at home.

My girls absolutely loved your act Dan, possibly their highlight of their weekend. They still havent stopped talking about you. I'll dig out the photo I have later. Thanks for giving them such a good time. :)

The Thornbridge bars were great, well staffed and excellent beer. the Bearded Theory brew is available in Thornbridge pubs and restaurants as Rabbit,I was informed. I had previously tried Rabbit at Relish cafe in Sheffield. Only improvement to be made is that the beer was a bit too cold, and as it was not chilled was probably

because of the air temperature, or lack of it.

Fudge stall was good too. Took some home and realised I should have bought at least double the amount.

Ate twice at Ghandi's Flip Flop. George's curry was so moreish. On the last night I had 2 teas because I wanted to try 2 stalls.

Missing the festival and my campsite friends now, sat at home.

I only saw Adam Ant perform three songs from the shelter of the bar at the back of the arena - something from Kings of the Wild Frontier and Dog Eat Dog - with something sandwiched in the middle that I didn't recognise, so I can't comment on whether he was good or not - I only know that I remembered that I always quite liked Dog Eat Dog ;) I gotta say though, I thought the Captain was making a bit too free of that story about the sofa for it to be true! ;)