So will you be going back?

Guest Englishdragon

109 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be going to Reading /Leeds 2012

• Yes
    • No ill be going to a different festival
    • no thats it for festivals

SO a lot of people are saying they had a good time but wont be going again and some people have said they had a bad time but will be giving it another chance. So who has actually decided to go next year and who is giving it a miss.

For me it was my last Leeds weekend, I might go for the day again but Im going to Edinburgh Fringe for the week next year and Im going to finish off 10 years of festivals with Glastonbury in 2013

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be nearly 27 when it comes round next year, I felt very old at the weekend compared to most of the crowd there and everyone of my lot that went our backs were fcuked all weekend. I think I'll only ever go now if the lineup is amazing but its unlikey i'll camp again. As Murtaugh would say 'I'm too old for this siht'

Im pretty certain I won't bother. Got a last minute ticket for 120 this year, it would take a ruddy good line up to get me back next year.

Gonna go abroad for a festival and if I go to a uk one will be the ones that are basically more of a piss up :lol: I like the after hours and dance stuff too much now. Thinking Bestival, Secret Garden Party and Boomtown fair.

Probably not, unless someone else paid for me. Can't say I enjoyed a lot of it aside from the music, some of this was down to the weather but mostly the number of complete pricks I had the misfortune of bumping into. I'm only twenty but wasted kids shouting abuse and singing one Strokes song all the way through The National's set, completely ruined it for me unfortunately <_<

I really enjoyed Leeds this year and will probably go back again one year but that all depends on the line up :)

I've tried 3 different festivals so far so I will probably try a different 2 next year unless Sonisphere, T in the park or Leeds pull of a line up that suits me again. People that go to the same festival regardless because it's convenient to them actually annoy me <_< Is that just me?

SO a lot of people are saying they had a good time but wont be going again and some people have said they had a bad time but will be giving it another chance. So who has actually decided to go next year and who is giving it a miss.

For me it was my last Leeds weekend, I might go for the day again but Im going to Edinburgh Fringe for the week next year and Im going to finish off 10 years of festivals with Glastonbury in 2013

Edited by swede

I'm 38 and will be back next year. It's predominantly a "young" festival - and it should be - but there's no reason why, if you like bands in a field with a few beers, you should stop going. Dropping in the occasional "old" band if they're good is an excellent thing to do too, as long as newish talent forms the core of the bill. But it's funny what people call old and what they don't - Madness were seen as an "old" band (and they were fantastic) but Metallica would just be seen as a booking. The two bands are the same age, give or take a year...

I must admit though that I gave up on camping at Reading a few years ago, which I still happily do at other festivals.