2013 Headliners

Guest shangri-la_steward

I seem to be the first to suggest this, but if 23 sells as much as 21 did, then I'd say Adele was in the running. That album went platinum TEN times. That's a lot. She's a contemporary artist and 'massive' :ph34r:

Not that I'd go and see her myself, but if the next album has come out and done well, then she'll be in with a shout surely? Giving the big slot to an artist with 3 albums is the kind of thing the Eavii do.

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

right,ive racked my tiny brain for all possible headliners i can think of that are likely!

:P

Seem most likely:

PULP :)

RADIOHEAD :)

ARCADE FIRE :)

KASABIAN :)

THE CURE :)

seems to be everyones dreamy headliners:

DAFT PUNK(maybe suited for other stage headliner though?)

THE ROLLING STONES

LED ZEPELIN

PINK FLOYD members

FLEETWOOD MAC

PAUL MCCARTNEY(again,please!)

red hot chili peppers?

( i know perhaps the eavis's arent fans,but if the new album is good,and the band play the hits,it could go down well,a massive band thats never played let alone never headlined before!)they have some bad headline shows,but have had good ones too.

big acts for pyramid stage:

noel gallagher( maybe with johnny marr alongside him on guitar aswell?)

lou reed,

iggy and the stooges,

dolly parton,

elton john,

billy bragg(aswell as left field curator and performer still,need his words to get to the big stage!)

chuck berry,

robert plant,

paul weller,

some form of the beach boys appearing(remaining members with touring members),

bootleg beatles!

pink floyd cover band if not pink floyd members there themselves.

jack penate?

jamie t?,

dylan?

amy winehouse?,

Lady Gaga, whether you like her or not, with a full stage show & a few backing dancers would be epic (& you would be guaranteed to see something bloody mental).

Edit-

She'll probably do V next year for practice.

Edited by Couchy

If everyone is saying theres no point trying to predict now since things change so much in 2 years, does that mean you take it they havent actually bookd the headliners yet? Im new to this but the eavii do seem a slipperry bunch, not that I have anything against them in fact I quite like they're take on "the truth" now and again :P

Pyramid Headliners

I'd like to see Bruce & the E Street Band coming back, but not sure now after Clarence's sad demise. I hope he would want to play again, but it seems the E Street are no more. Have to see what happens.

My dream would be that he recruited the Asbury Jukes horn section and took the full package out on the road one last time, with Glastonbury 2013 on the itinerary.

I think Bon Jovi would be a contender for 2013 too, as its no secret they wanted to play previously.

Radiohead will be there for sure, but my guess is they will probably prefer to avoid a Pyramid headline slot - they don't seem to be a 'greatest hits' outfit :)

Janelle Monae and Aloe Blacc gave barnstorming sets at West Holts and I can see them being invited back, but not sure if either is ready to headline yet. Who knows about Janelle though ?

Cracked it, it's all obvious when you think about it really. It's the year of the reunions.

Pyramid =

Stone Roses

Kate Bush

Pink Floyd & Led Zeppelin co-headlining and joining together for the last bit.

Other =

XTC

KLF

KMFDM (just because of the initial thing really).

There. Sorted. Now everybody piss off and leave me alone 'cause I'm having yet another total effing arse of a week.

You've obviously not seen them in headline mode in recent years. Totally different to what you may get at 8pm in say, the Park.

Check out the setlist from reading 2009 at www.setlist.fm/setlist/radiohead/2009/reading-festival-reading-england-23d4acab.html

If youre a fan, I Think youll agree thats brilliant.

• 1 month later...

We don't know who's going to be worthy of a headline slot in 2 years, we don't know who will be playing shows then, we don't know who will still be playing together then! I should imagine that the fallow year will be spent reviewing the festival setup and making improvements to the site - could we finally see that flaming monorail they've been promising for the last few years!?

We don't know who's going to be worthy of a headline slot in 2 years, we don't know who will be playing shows then, we don't know who will still be playing together then! I should imagine that the fallow year will be spent reviewing the festival setup and making improvements to the site - could we finally see that flaming monorail they've been promising for the last few years!?