2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im sure soulwax did one year in the late 90s early 00s.

So its really acts not very high up in the lineup, or maybe its down to acts pulling out so some acts from v gets announced late on.

stick it in here as no point making a new thread about it. Well not been since 2009 and do they still have the same tyoe of barrier on the main stage? Now less heavy music is at reading/leeds one would of thought no need for it.

Before any smart arse(tourette and jump) im not thinking baout the barrier between crowd and bands.

Edited by thetime

stick it in here as no point making a new thread about it. Well not been since 2009 and do they still have the same tyoe of barrier on the main stage? Now less heavy music is at reading/leeds one would of thought no need for it.

Before any smart arse(tourette and jump) im not thinking baout the barrier between crowd and bands.

Edited by 2rare2die

the barrier is there to prevent people getting crushed. i remember for blink in 2010 basically they were asking people to move back cause it was that packed. they have to have it for safety regulations so its going to be there for years to come

the barrier is there to prevent people getting crushed. i remember for blink in 2010 basically they were asking people to move back cause it was that packed. they have to have it for safety regulations so its going to be there for years to come

I'd much rather have it than not, especially having been one of those who was in the crush at the front at Blink in 2010. Where I think the barrier causes problems is between acts, especially the one on the NME tent, when you get crushed trying to get in and out between acts.

The crush at Leeds 2010 for Paramore was bad, there was loads of people on the floor where I was. I didn't expect it to be that bad for Paramore. Then again they were really popular then, and Blink were on after.

Edited by Andre91

There is a possibility that someone who is contemplating getting a ticket for R&L wins one for Hackeney weekend and decides that because they've now seen Kasabian, The Maccabees, Enter Shikari, etc. that they won't bother with R&L, but the likelihood or number of tickets that would be affected would be so minor that it wouldn't be worth the money or effort trying to stop R&L bands playing.

On flip side as Neil said there may be cases of people who see these bands at Hackney weekend, realise that the setting and set lengths would be better at a festival and decide to buy a ticket on the back of it.

Again I'm not sure it would be a major amount but the two probably cancel each other out, which is why FR consider it not worth worrying about competition-wise.

Was no one right at the front for Muse in Leeds last year?!

I'd say I was about 10 - 15 people infront of me before the fence, I could not move a single limb. Wasn't enjoyable in the slightest, after like 8 tracks I ended up crowd surfing out like half the other people there

I'd say I was about 10 - 15 people infront of me before the fence, I could not move a single limb. Wasn't enjoyable in the slightest, after like 8 tracks I ended up crowd surfing out like half the other people there

Quite strange as I like to be near the front at gigs but not at festivals.

Problem with festivals is that you get a load of people(mostly teenagers) where its there first festival and they panic and either dont know how to behave in mosh or panic(mostly teenage girls) and make things ten times worse.

Quite strange as I like to be near the front at gigs but not at festivals.

Problem with festivals is that you get a load of people(mostly teenagers) where its there first festival and they panic and either dont know how to behave in mosh or panic(mostly teenage girls) and make things ten times worse.

I care much more about being right near the front at gigs. My main issue at festivals is that further back you often get a lot of people talking, just watching the band so they can say "I was there" rather than being interested. At gigs, however far back you are, it's usually mostly fans not being tits like that.

Most frustrated at a festival I have ever been was at rock werchter last year when the night coldplay was headlining, all the way through pj harvey and portishead people were chatting away and not watching or listening to the music and wittering in my ear!!!