2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

Ideas on FR headliners/subs and midday NME acts?

FR acts I'm hoping for Jack White, Subways, WU LYF, Ben Howard, Benjamin Francis Leftwhich

although I'm aware Jack would probably play higher and Subways more likely on NME

NME I'm hoping for Tribes, Spector, Whigs, Wet Nuns, Dead Sons, Smith Westerns, Regina Spektor, Joy Formidable, Glasvegas, Futureheads

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack White won't be headlining FR. He won't be playing this year, there isn't a slot big enough.

I'm hoping for

Mark Lanegan

Yuck

Creature With The Atom Brain

Battles

Explosions In The Sky

Zola Jesus

The Men

Thurston Moore

Josh T. Pearson

Kurt Vile

Little Dragon

White Hinterland

among others

Edited by Vieuphoria

Have already listed some smaller acts I want to see in another thread, but that was months ago before I discovered Alabama Shakes.

Would love for them to play and think it's very possible because they seem to be playing European festivals around the time of R/L, so hopefully it will happen. I'd imagine they'd be early on R1/NME or mid-day on FR.

Is there anything that says Metronomy are headlining the Dance Stage? On the new Reading website under the dance stage section it has them under also appearing with all of the other acts. I quite like them, can't be missing At the Drive In though.

Is there anything that says Metronomy are headlining the Dance Stage? On the new Reading website under the dance stage section it has them under also appearing with all of the other acts. I quite like them, can't be missing At the Drive In though.

Edited by Matt9009

Hoping for a few of these to be added on, some have a chance, some probably ruled out already or unlikely with the slots available, just guesses at the slots i think they would have

Yuck (Low Mainstage)

Wild beasts (FR Headliner)

Best Coast (Middle NME, High FR)

Yeasayer (Low NME, High FR)

The Cast of Cheers (Low FR)

Theme park (Low FR)

Peter Doherty (Again? Low main stage / below the cribs)

The Black Lips (High FR, Suitable for lock up?)

We are the in crowd (Low NME)

Cage the elephant (FR Headline, low main stage)

Ghostpoet (Dance stage)

TEED (Dance stage)

The Kills (Main stage, FR Headliners)

Iv also just noticed on the reading website, on the line-up YM@6 are 3rd down the mainstage and BBC are 4th down. Don't know if it's just a mistake but I don't care for either band so makes no difference to me

As long as Howler and Childish Gambino are announced I'm happy.

Wouldn't mind Tennis, Perfume Genius, Alabama Shakes, Slow Club, SHARKS, Dry The River, Willis Earl Beal and Eugene McGuinness too.

If I was really dreaming, we'd get The Horrible Crowes too with Brian Fallon doing two gigs on the same day.

Never seen paramore or got any of there stuff exceot decode. Just wondering why they get a slaughtering on here? Thought the would be aimed at the reading/leeds crowd and the crowd would lap them up.

Edited by LondonTom