2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

I think if Tenacious D do play they won't be in one of those slots. There could be 10 acts on the Saturday main stage at Reading with Tenacious D 3rd down, and the organisers keeping it a secret that there's a big act yet to be announced.

However, I'm beginning to think they won't be there.

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neil said something like he knew that they were playing another festival as well as Soni and that he thought it was R&L. If it turns out that the other festival is Download then it might put a question mark over them for R&L, although thy could have been added to Download as a result of Soni being cancelled and therefore the other festival could still be R&L.

Download is having its major year this year. Will probably see a less high profile line up next year, likes of A7X maybe headlining. Even though they are big, they aren't at the Metallica/Black Sabbath profile level.

Thinking 2013 could well be the year R&L pull out all the big guns, well, you'd like to think so anyway.

Pfft, still sceptical over the "download exclusive". Sonisphere apparently had them "exclusive" before changing to "their first UK performance". Remember Faith No More in 09? Andy/Download had them put them for "exclusive" before the announcement that Reading had them (obviously FNM told them this was their only UK shows so far)?

To be honest, they probably do, but until Reading's next announcement I'm not trusting anything from Download. In any case, MB loves his "exclusives", wouldn't want Andy to have one over him :P

I reckon they are still playing. NME saying they're DL exclusive doesn't mean shit. On the DL website it says exclusive but not their only show or anything along those lines. I would be shocked if Reading missed the oppurtunity to book them so believe what you want but Im sure they will be at R/L. Just in case I will probs buy a DL ticket too lol